1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My rescue baby!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by mmccown, Jun 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmccown

mmccown Boxer Booster

I recently moved back to Arizona from California with my first Boxer, Rebel Yell. I moved to Cali with a boyfriend and his Boxer Sugar Ray. When we parted ways, the boys were seperated too. Although Rebel didn't seem to mind being a solo pup, I knew the immense joy of having 2 Boxers in my life. I also knew that I needed to get another as soon as I moved into my new house. This time I wanted to get a rescue Boxer. Rebel came from a great breeder, but after becoming such a Boxer enthusiast, I was surprised and dismayed that there were so many of these noble, silly dogs cast out and denied a loving home. So, rescue it was to be.

I looked at many rescue websites from Northern California to Tucson, AZ. I happened upon a couple at the dog park who had a rescue girl from Central Arizona Rescue. I was so in love with their little girl and she played so well with Rebel, I asked for contact information.

Long story longer...I went to see the local foster mom last Saturday. I took Rebel and we played with her brood for about 2 hours. On the phone, she told me of a beautiful boy named Tigger who had a heart condition. Well, as soon as we got to her house, I took one look at Tigger and that was it, a heart condition did not matter a bit! I thought as long as his temperment was as sweet as his face, he was going home with us for however long we were blessed to have each other.

So it has been a few short, wonderful days with Tigger and Rebel in our new house. Tigger has been renamed Blue and he is doing marvelously. He is learning the routine from Rebel quickly, right down to nibbling on my toes and hogging the covers.

It will take some patience, time and love until he is as well trained as Rebel, but we will get there I have no doubt. I highly recommend rescuing a Boxer. If you can't do that, consider donating to your local group. I cannot wait to become more involved with these great folks and these canine clown princes desperately in need of love and security. Thanks for listening to our story and check out this link to see the boys in living color!

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mmccown28

2. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

Good for you! We too rescued a special needs boxer, his name is Baxter. I wish more people would rescue. There are so many just waiting to know love. Your pictures are great. You have a wonderful heart :) Rescue groups, shelters, SPCA's, and humane societies can always use volunteers or items on their wish list. I have been involved in rescue for almost a year now. Wow how time flies :LOL: You are selfless to even consider getting involved. Thank you!

3. EMWAZ

EMWAZ Super Boxer

Great news.

I currently foster for the boxer rescue here in Tucson and I will be the first to say that the few that I have fostered just need a little extra attention and time, that said I am not one person who has that much time. With some work and rules I have learned to teach the dogs how to be happy and socialize with my own dogs.

We have a foster now that was rather cat aggressive and now her and one of the cats have actually touched noses, so they can be trained. I'm amazed at how quickly some people give up on the dogs just like you said... God Luck

4. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

I have to agree. This is why I am a firm believer that there are no bad dogs, just bad owners :)

5. Vanessa

Vanessa Boxer Booster

What a good looking boy. It makes me so sad to see people give up their dogs. Right now the FBR has about 40 dogs on the list that need to be adopted. I could never give Annabelle up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.