my new baby is too skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Boxer Insane
I agree with everyone else; don't worry! :)
I think it's better to be a tad underweight than overweight. And puppies will "catch up" and fill out.

Leah

Boxer Pal
I'm going through the same thing! I have a little girl, Maia, and she's 12 weeks. When we last had her to the vet she was 10.5 lbs. at 10 weeks. I thought the lack of weight was because she was an easy-going pup and her sisters (much bigger than her) would get more food. After a two weeks with us, she's gained. Then sometimes I'll look at her and she'll look so thin and then other times she'll look a bit more filled out. I think it's just a strange period because she's growing so quickly. (She'll wake up sometimes and she'll look bigger, if that's possible.) I worry, but then look at how happy she is and at how shiny her coat is and that usually mkes me feel better. Being concerned is just part of having a puppy.

------------------
Proud Parent of Maia, a honey brindle with four white socks and white neck and nose

bxr_lvr

Boxer Booster
Our Emma weighed in at 17.8 lbs at 11 wks old. At 4 1/2 months she weighed in at 25.8 lbs. I still think she looks skinny. I feed her three times a day. Sometimes she just plays with the food and other times it gets "inhaled". The breeder says as long as she's eating good then she's okay. She asked if she has food left over when she stops eating and I said most of the time she does. She said that in that case there is nothing to worry about. I don't worry, but I would like her to be a little heavier. Her brother and sisters are all heavier and not as skinny. Gotta love 'em!

------------------
Lori
Emma - black-masked brindle girl, 04-03-00

Status
Not open for further replies.