• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkellysBoxer

Boxer Pal
So I've narrowed it down to 4 possible names and welcome any other suggestions. I'm going for the unique approach (which I know is hard considering Boxers are one of the most famous dogs) but I've polled the picks and here are the explanations:

Leila - Muhammad Ali's Daughter's Name (The only undefeated female BOXER in the world)

Sahara - The fawn color resembles the sandy color of the Sahara Desert

Bella - I know Boxers are of German descent but beautiful in German is "Schön" (Pronounced "Shern") and that doesn't really have a feminine sound.

Mya - no significance, just like the name

caruse

Boxer Insane
I know there are lot of Laila,s here, but some spell it different....we went the boxer route and have Laila, for Laila Ali and Frazier, for Joe Frazier...good luck
Barabarlovicon

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
I'm biased because one reason I picked the name Bella for my girl was because it was different. Then I saw it everywhere! How are you pronouncing Mya? mIa with a long i sound or mEa with a long e sound? I had a Shar Pei named Maya and always loved the name. My choice would be Sahara. It's very descriptive and also different.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
I did pick Bella in the poll and I love it but after reading and thinking about Sahara I am undecided now wich of those two I like best!

SkellysBoxer

Boxer Pal
Thanks for voting and all the great responses so far! I figured Laila lost it's originality at this point, but it's so fitting! The breeders told me that she's the runt but doesn't take any crap from the other siblings. She waits for all the other pups to go to sleep and she lays on top of the others so that she's the first to get picked up and get all the attention.

Also just found out someone is naming another girl from the same litter Bella, so that too has lost it's originality. That narrows it down to Sahara and Mya (pronounced "My-Ya"). I think I'm going to hold off until I get her to see which suits her better.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I like Sahara as it is different and I have never heard of another dog called that. Mya would be my second choice for the same reasons as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.