1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mare lost her foal today...

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Gin&Dex, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

I just seen this post and I am very sorry your mare lost her colt. I am sending lots of healing ))))vibes(((( for your mare.

2. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

Colts/Stallions are gelded and mares are spayed - although, gelding a colt/stallion is much more common than spaying a mare. I do believe there have been some recent advances in vet technology that makes spaying less invasive and precarious as it has been in the past.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  3. Indy's mom

Indy's mom Boxer Insane

So glad that Mama is doing better. Still sending those healing thoughts your way. It's so hard to watch them and know that all we can do is wait. Please keep posting those updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

4. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

Here's hoping that no news is good news... How is Mama?

5. Gin&Dex

Gin&Dex Super Boxer

Hello all!!!

Thanks so much again, for your vibes and well wishes! I have some great news! Though it is hard for me to let my guard down and really accept it, we are pretty much "out of the woods" with Mama!!! She should be just fine and have no complications from her ordeal! :) :)

I was blessed to see one of the most beautiful sights ever Sunday afternoon. My Mama was running through the pasture, ears perked up, eyes bright, head held high! It was as if she was smiling! She was telling me how much better she felt.... what an awesome sight!!

I know she will be ok now. You guys have been a big help, for her and for me! I will post a picture... work has just been so hectic lately and the pics are on THAT pc. Thanks so much for everything....!

Hugs to all !
    Melanie

6. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Thanks for posting about Mama's progress. :) Your description of her running in the pasture made me smile - she's OK!! I bet this is a huge weight taken from you, you must have been so worried. I'm happy for you, too! Don't forget the picture(s)!!

7. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

Melanie-That made my day to see your update on Mama. I am so happy for you and know that you must be very relieved. I know there is nothing sweeter than seeing your horse frolicking in the field. :) I can't wait to see pics of her! :)

8. Indy's mom

Indy's mom Boxer Insane

I'm so happy to read of Mama's recovery. One of my worst memories is when my Aunt's lovely Tennessee Walker did not recover from a struggle, much like this. She was such a sweet, gentle personality that I thought of her when I read your posts.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.