1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mare lost her foal today...

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Gin&Dex, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiverDiva

DiverDiva Boxer Insane

Fingers and paws crossed for a speedy, complete recovery for Mama. Godspeed, little angel filly.

2. Gin&Dex

Gin&Dex Super Boxer

Just an update...

The vet came out and checked Mama today. Gave her some more antibiotics and another dose of Oxytocin to shrink her uterus. She is doing well, but still not out of the woods.

Doc said she could develop a case of laminitis or founder as a result of the trauma (the foot inflamation and tissue death that brought Barbaro down)... her uterus could still rupture... things can still go very wrong. But she's hanging in there like the Champ she is!!!

I treasure your well wishes and thoughts. Keep em coming , please!! I will try to post a picture tomorrow in my gallery. They are on my pc at work.

thanks again..... boxer hugs to everyone!
    Melanie

3. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts for Mama. I'm so sorry she lost her baby - And so sorry for your loss, too. Godspeed, baby angel girl.

4. New Mom

New Mom Super Boxer

Melanie..I just caught this thread today and am so sorry about the baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you all with the hopes that Mama will fully recover.

Marilyn

5. sanford7

sanford7 Completely Boxer Crazy

Good to hear of her updates!! I will keep sending prayers and positive thoughts to Mama!! She sure sounds like a champ!!

6. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

How is Mama doing today??

7. Gin&Dex

Gin&Dex Super Boxer

Hey Katie and everyone,

Mama is still holding her own. She is showing some spunk, eating and drinking well, peeing and pooping well (funny how important that becomes). All is still well. She is getting around well, not showing any signs of soreness or pain.

The vet is coming out tomorrow to check her again. We'll be hoping that her uterus has shrunk, so we won't have to take anymore oxytocin. And also hoping that he doesn't have to "sew her uterus up". She is doing really really well though! Keep the good vibes coming!

(Hey Katie, I have a "Classy" too! She is Mama's baby from 2003... and just as sweet as her mama. I think it's a great name for a horse... sorry to hear about your friend's Classy.)

I"ll keep you guys posted on how Mama is doing. But she continues to do well... thanks for your support!

Melanie and Dexter

8. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

I am glad to hear that she is doing well. I know how scary it is when you are hanging on the edge and hoping that nothing else bad will happen. Horses are one of the great loves of my life, I don't have one right now (haven't had one in several years), but I totally understand how they steal your heart and you get so attached to them, they are such magestic creatures. I will keep you and Mama in my thoughts and prayers. :)

9. Louie's Mom

Louie's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Glad to hear that she is hanging in there :)

I have a question...

Do they ever spay or neuter horses? - I don't think I've ever heard of that - then again I'm not really a horse person lol :)

10. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Continuing to keep Mama in my thoughts, and sending lots of healing vibes. Glad to hear she's doing well, and hope she continues on to a good recovery. Hope you'll post a picture of her in your gallery. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.