1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mare lost her foal today...

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Gin&Dex, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpowell

kpowell Boxer Insane

I'm so sorry. I sure hope Mama feels better soon, and has a good recovery. Keep us posted!

2. Indy's mom

Indy's mom Boxer Insane

I'm so sorry this has happened to Mama, prayers for a swift and full recovery.

3. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

I am so sorry this happened! Big hugs to you and your mare - loads of prayers there is no infection.

4. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

Many prayers to you and Mama. I wish her the best!

5. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

I am so sorry Melanie. I will definitely say a prayer for Mama and the little angel you lost too. Please keep us updated.

6. Zannie

Zannie Completely Boxer Crazy

i'm so sorry..keeping you and yours in my thoughts...

7. Gin&Dex

Gin&Dex Super Boxer

Oh my gosh....!!!!

Thanks SO much everyone. Last night (Sunday, the day we lost the baby), I was just lost and upset. I didn't know who to talk to, or where to turn... I thought of you guys. And I really haven't posted in so long, with everything going on lately.... I'm very thankful that you all were there.

Thank you all for your support. This has been so hard. Mama is doing very well so far. She is eating and drinking as she normally would. She is "talking" as she normally would (she's a talker, she likes to nicker all the time). But she won't be out of the woods for about a week. Serious infection could set in (she's on penicillin for 10 days), so thanks for all the crossed fingers and paws!!! You guys are the best.

You guys would all love her! She is one of the sweetest horses I have ever been around, very gentle and loving. She loves to be groomed, petted or just talked to. And she's a great mom. She really is Mama to everyone on the farm. She calls for them when we trailer one or two up and leave for a show.... then she welcomes them back when we return. LOL!!! She is just awesome!!!

Thanks again for your concern, well wishes and prayers. We still need them. I've been calling the baby girl, "baby girl angel"... and she is. She was beautiful, and I wish I could have known her....

Thanks again to you all....
    Melanie and Dexter

8. Net45582

Net45582 Banned

Positive vibes headed your way.

9. bxrwiggles

bxrwiggles Boxer Booster

Poor mama. This must be very hard on you both. Keeping you and mama in my thoughts and prayers.

10. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

Glad to hear that Mama is doing OK. Our friends' mare, Classy, lost a foal a few months ago and she recovered quickly, emotionally and physically, so I hope the same goes for Mama. She does sound like a sweetie. Give her a hug from me please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.