1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Lexi is so smart

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by DyckDogs, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DyckDogs

DyckDogs Boxer Insane

Lexi has been having some health issues lately (just diagnosed with an inflamed stomach). Anyways, she was dehydrated and had diarhea (I can never seem to spell that word even when I've seen it a million times on this site, lol!).
    She wasn't drinking yesterday, but kept running to the counter where the treats are.
    Her water bowl is across the kitchen from the treats.
    So I said to her "Water then treat". As I said water and treat I pointed at each of them.
    For the first couple minutes she just looked at me, but I kept saying it and pointing to them over and over.
    Within about 3 minutes, she went and drank some water, and then ran over to the treats.
    I gave her a treat, then she ran back to the water bowl, drank some more, then ran back to the treats.
    You just got to love a boxer. They are just so darn smart.

2. GDOGS1

GDOGS1 Boxer Insane

Lexi does sound very smart(smarter than some people i know ha ha!)way to go Lexi!!!!

MoM & DaD of GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

3. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

What a smart girl...gradicon .

So........how many treats did she get out of you??? ;)

4. DyckDogs

DyckDogs Boxer Insane

LOL!, only a couple.
    She is drinking water on her own now (I'm relieved about that), but I thought I would try it again last night just to see if it was a fluke the first time.
    She did it again, so not a fluke.

Now, if I could teach her to sneak money out of dad's wallet for me, I'd have it made!
    Lexi.... money then treat, money then treat! Hehe.

5. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

What a smart girl !!!! I would definitly work on the money out of dad's wallet next !!!

6. Hi From NZ

Hi From NZ Boxer Booster

:LOL: great story! They're definitely very 'onto it' dogs, aren't they? It makes me wonder why there seems to be a perception (in my circle, anyway) that they're not an intelligent breed? Most of my friends seem to think boxers are dopey, and it doesn't even sway them when I say I've read that they're used as working dogs in all sorts of ways - everyone I know just seems to think they're loveable, but scatter-brained. Bruce and I just smile quietly to ourselves ;)

7. BoxerMom999

BoxerMom999 Boxer Insane

What a smart girl Lexi is!!

Hi from NZ - It's not that boxers aren't smart - it is that some people aren't smart enough to understand/work with boxers!! So, these not so-smart people end up with animals that never question what they are being asked to do. Boxers don't want to waste their time and energy!! ;-)

8. Indy's mom

Indy's mom Boxer Insane

appicon Lexi, you are one clever girl! appicon And lucky to have a mommy who is clever as well, what a great idea teaching you to drink prior to getting your treat to help rehydrate you. Well done!

9. MyMike

MyMike Boxer Pal

Well DONE!

That's a great idea to rehydrate!

A lot of people have told me that boxer's aren't very smart - but instances like these prove that boxers can be real smart dogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.