My 8 year old boy had a tumor removed from his back leg right near the knee. The surgery was done monday. The cut was pretty long (4"). Since it's been a few days and we are both home, we decided to take the cone off while we were with him. I kept my eye on him and he seemed to really not have any interest in licking it. I caught him twice start to then he stopped. Well the little brat must have been setting me up because he managed to pull out about half his stitches! BUT, it is still closed and there is no blood or anything. It looks like it did before he pulled them out. By now the vet is closed anyways. Is it ok to leave it till I take him next Wednesday to get the rest pulled out? Of course as long as he don't lick it and make it worse or open up. If that happens I'll take him back. But if it stays dry and closed with no infections, is it ok to wait? Thanks for any help!!