My boxer's head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtsgirl

Boxer Buddy
HI,
I have a female boxer who is petite. We call her our "supermodel" boxer because she is really tall, leggy and skinny. Anyway she has a small groove between her eyes like all boxers should, but she still has her puppy bump for lack of a better word. You know how boxer puppies are born with a triangle shaped head. Well she will be a year at the end of this month, but I see no signs of the lump being filled out. Does anyone lese have a boxer like this? Is it normal?

Arachnopunks

Boxer Booster
Mine does. She is also kinda tall and leggy looking. She is also just over a year old and I think that she is going to fill out in thickness over the next year.

Hi,

That is called their Occiput. As your girl grows and matures she will fill out and the bump will get less and less noticable. She probably wont mature until she is 2 or so so I wouldn't worry yet!!

Cheers

Dodgn_AK

Completely Boxer Crazy
I've heard this referred to as their "coneheads" :D My Tyson is almost 2 and his head has flattened out for the most part :LOL:

exk23

Super Boxer
My Lilly is a year and a half old and she still has the "conehead" too. I don't remember Ruby having his for this long, his was gone about 9-10 months. She is also lean and leggy which he was not when he was that age. I think it's cute though. Also I know she weight the same as him now, she may be a pound or two heavier. He's almost 3 and she's still growing.

E

Loke

I don't recall Loke having the "conehead" for quite that long. But I did meet another boxer in November that belongs to my husband's uncle. She is just over a year old and still has the pointy head. She is much smaller than Loke in the face too. Just different builds would be my guess.

~Lenna

ssleighter

Completely Boxer Crazy
Both of mine are still coneheads, but it's not too visible these days. But you can definately feel it. Poor Hammer has hair problem in that area, it looks like he has a hole in his head. That's not the best description but it's hard to describe. :LOL: I'll have to snap a pic one day and post it, it's really small but really weird too.

Wendy Swalls

Super Boxer
Yep, Mickey too. He's 1.5 years old and still has a bit of a conehead. He's tall and slim and 60 lbs of bouncy boxer joy! I heard the the more pronounced the "cone", the more intelligent the dog. We agree with that assessment! :D

tingoddess

Super Boxer
Many lean breeds share this trait, I'm so used to it from the Greyhounds, Whippets and Dobermans I've owned I don't even notice it much anymore.:)

boxergirlxx2

Boxer Booster
Out of my girls...Mollie is leaner..(48 pounds at 7 months) and has a little conehead left :D Callie..we have decided is built like a boy, she's 60 pounds at 7 months..and she barely has any conehead left??
I might have to agree about the pointy head being a sign of intelligence, if we have treats and tell them to sit...callie does so instantly; mollie will just stand and watch...she's figured out that if callie does it, she'll end up with a treat so why bother..smart girl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.