1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boxer

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by paula carter, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paula carter

paula carter Boxer Booster

Hello our Bruce is 11 months old today and he is 631b but not a tall dog Do you think this is to light we was just a bit worriked he was not growing how he should

2. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

When we adopted Austin at 2 years old he was 64 lbs. Now he's a "fluffy" 94 or so, much to the disdain of his vet!

3. Ciscobxr

Ciscobxr Boxer Insane

I think that sounds right. Males get to about 70- 75 lbs when they are full grown. He will grow till he is 2.
    Cisco is 6 months and weighs 45 lbs.

4. Tyshart

Tyshart Boxer Buddy

As long as he's eating good nutritrious food, and doesn't act like he's starving (like gobbles the food extremely fast) then I think you have nothing to worry about. Our Tyson is 16 mos. old and weighs 51 lbs and looks skinny. He is on a free eating schedule and eats between 12 to 15 cups of food a day. I just think that he's so energetic he burns everything he eats. I even make him 3 scrambled eggs on Sundays and give him canned dog food at least twice a week. His coat is shiney and appears healthy and we had him to the vets not too long ago for his yearly, and she just said he's a small boxer but healthy.

We worried at first too, and we called Tyson's breeder and they said they were shocked at how small he was (Mom was 65 lbs and Dad was 80 lbs.) but the looking skinny and eating a ton was exactly how Tyson's mom was for the first 2 years. After she was 2 she really slowed down and filled out. So this is what we expect of Tyson for now. Hope this helps you feel better.

5. Layla's Mum

Layla's Mum Banned

6. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

The UK standard calls for adult males to be approximately 66-70lb and between 22.5-25" tall (measured ground to withers). If Bruce is already 63lb at 11 months, then he is probably heading toward being rather larger than the ideal. Really, there is no need *at all* to worry that he's too small ;)

7. paula carter

paula carter Boxer Booster

Thankyou for your answers i feel loads better now

8. Shanz

Shanz Boxer Insane

my cinnamon is about 3 1/2 months and she weighs 8.1 kg at last vet check (about 18 lbs) Her first vet visit( at about 7 wks) she weighed 5.1 kg, then a few weeks later she weighed 4.8kg.. gained muscle but lost weight. The vet says she is going to be tall and muscular

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.