1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boxer was taken and I need help with weight

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by chrissylynn, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrissylynn

chrissylynn Boxer Pal

I have had my boxer Carly for almost 4 years and recently moved into a new home. One of the reasons for moving was I lived next to neighbors who were heavily into drugs and let there horses and dogs run loose , they were always in my yard and it came to the point where I was afraid to let my son out because I was afraid he would get hurt.

These people loved to cause trouble, they had called animal control on us 4 times in a year. The first 3 times they came out everything was fine , they even said they were tired of getting false calls and would be ignoring anymore calls made about my dog and my boyfriends saint Bernard. Fast forward to moving we were waiting to get everything out of our old house to move the dogs. On the last day of moving I went to the old house at around noon to find the dogs gone, the drug addict girl from next door was all smiles saying she called up saying my dogs had not been fed in days and were abandoned which was a lie. We were at the house everyday. I went off and I have never went off on someone in my life and I have never felt so much rage either.

I went to the animal shelter and learned the dogs had been picked up that morning not long before I arrived and I figured as soon as I showed up and said the dogs were not abandoned and I was taking them to the new house that day I would be able to take them home but instead they told me I had to talk to the deputy whom took them and was unable to take the dogs home.

I had to wait until the next day to talk to the deputy that took them and she said they had dirty water and no food, I informed her I was there the morning before they were picked up and fed them and was there that morning to take them to the new house. She said our dogs were both underweight , my boxer was 39 pounds and the saint Bernard was 96. She tried to tell me the vet she took them to said the Bernard should be 150-200 and my boxer should be 80-95 pounds. My dog and her brother which my dad had have always been on the small side, even there parents were small and when both my dog and my then boyfriends dog was taken to the vet in march of last year he said my dog should weigh atleast 45 and the Bernard was 96 which he said was fine.

My dog has had problems with her weight which is why she was taken to the vet, they did test and gave her meds. All the test came back neg and the meds did not help and the vet said it had to be her kidney or liver and nothing could be done so you can imagine my shock when they deputy told me when she took her to the vet they found she was totally healthy. She said the reason they were thin is because of eating ole roy but they have been on it for years.

We now have to go to court , we got arrested which should have never happened. The officers who handled the case said we should have been given papers to appear in court. We were both given separate lawyers and although I am waiting to see mine we went to see my boyfriends and he said they have no case and we should have not been arrested over this. He said that the previous 3 times animal control was out the dogs were fine and it sounds like they finally took the dogs just because they got tired of getting calls.

I was going to the shelter everyday to see Carly until I got arrested, after that I was told I could not see her. I broke down in tears in the shelter. I have not seen my poor baby in almost 2 months and my 9 year old is heartbroken over Carly not being here. We have to go back to court on in 2 weeks and meanwhile Carly has to sit in a shelter and they charge $3 a day for her being there. By the time this is all over im not even going to be able to afford to get her back.

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and my dad just got over a battle with cancer, I have been in the hospital 3 times in the past couple of weeks for having bad pains in my stomach which they said is due to stress. I don't know how much more I can take. I have pictures of Carly that usually hang on the wall and they now all sit in the closet, her toys are also in the closet, I break into tears whenever I see anything that reminds me of her. I will be driving and see someone walking there dog and I will think of Carly and start to cry.

Carly is like part of the family, her middle name is May which was my grandmothers name. She gets Christmas presents and gets dressed up for Halloween. Someone who did not care about there pet would not buy them Christmas presents or dress them up for Halloween and they certainly would not name them after there grandmother.

Can some people give me there female boxers weight? I am trying to get weight information from fellow boxer owners to use in court.

2. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Contact the Lexus Project immediately!!! They are a group of pro-bono lawyers here on the east coast that fights court cases JUST LIKE THIS ONE! Do not waste any time.......it is common that they retain the dogs long enough that the fees to get them far exceed the financial availability of the owners. They have several cases now, and have freed many of them already! Please contact them!!!

www.thelexusproject.org

3. chrissylynn

chrissylynn Boxer Pal

Thanks I will check into it. When we go back to court on the 26th we will owe 233 for each dog

4. LoveMyLoki

LoveMyLoki Boxer Buddy

Loki's cousin is about 60 lbs. she is 4.5 years old.

5. Hillntx

Hillntx Boxer Pal

Getting average weights isn't going to help since most are probably bigger than your dog. The smallest female I've had topped out at 50 lbs. at full maturity. My male who was 25.5" topped out around 68 lbs. where others that size may be 80lbs. Eventhough he was on a good quality food and had as much as he chose to eat he had a light build despite being very well bred.

When you get your dogs back, if you can afford it go to a higher quality dog food. There's not much nutrition in Ol'Roy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.