1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Big Guy

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Erin, May 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin

Erin Boxer Booster

Well, it all started when I adopted Murphy from the local boxer rescue. Things were plugging along fine, and I swear I enjoyed Murphy more and more every day. But 2 years had gone by and I was really wanting to help another boxer in need. I decided that fostering was the best route, since I lived in an apartment. I called the boxer rescue and they agreed to let me foster a boxer they just rescued from an abusive environment. They told me that he would need help in adjusting because of the horrible treatment he'd received. This poor baby was only 65 lbs, when he should've weighed closer to 100 lbs. The previous owners openly admitted (to the boxer rescue) to giving him a "home crop job" on his ears which left them too short and cronically infected, "accidentally" shooting him in the hip with a hand gun, knocking out two of his teeth, leaving him tied to a post with no dog house or shelter of any kind and having him as a "bait dog" in a couple of dog fights. The poor guy was so scared of people (he was not a fighter at all, not an agressive bone in this dogs body). After a couple of days, and with Murphy's loyal assistance, he began to show us his personality. I was completely surprised at how wonderfully he adapted and what a gentle giant he really is. At the end of the week, I made the decision to adopt him (which ended my fostering career of one week).

That was almost two years ago, and now Seamus is an incredible dog. He's right at 100 lbs, and looking great. Seamus, Murphy and I are now inseperable - they go almost everywhere I go.
    I wouldn't have it any other way. I just bought my first house (with a fenced in back yard) and the three of us moved two weeks ago. They love the new back yard, and I'm thinking of fostering again (this time, I'll try to last longer than a week).
    :D

I've decided that I'll only own rescued dogs - because there are so many out there that need our help. Thanks for reading my story.

Erin

2. Angel

Angel Boxer Booster

Sweet Story

Can we see some pictures of your Angels please?

3. Erin

Erin Boxer Booster

Angel,

Here they are - (from L to R) Murphy, Me, and Seamus (My Big Guy).

Enjoy!

Erin

4. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

Sob sob

What a sad story , so glad he was rescued!!!!!

5. vaboxer

vaboxer Completely Boxer Crazy

You have two very handsome boys...

6. Betty's mom

Betty's mom Guest

What a wonderful woman you are!

I love the picture!!! It looks like a great family! Good luck with your next foster.

And post more pictures!!

7. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Boxer Pal

What a wonderful story. I love the picture also. Your angels have a true boxer expression:D

8. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

Thanks for sharing such a great story! I love the pic too! :)

9. Cherokee

Cherokee Guest

It makes me so angry to read the cruelty that is done to animals. But it also makes me so happry to know that there are wonderful people such as yourself out there. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.