1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My babys ears :-(

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by xDAISYx, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xDAISYx

xDAISYx Boxer Pal

thanks both of you yea i am just going to have to do something so there is a support in the middle of the ears so they cant lay ontop of her head

2. StyciM

StyciM Boxer Pal

I'm so glad you posted this. I am having practically the same problem with Duke's ears. He's 5 months and one ear will stand up for a a day or so and then curl over at the top. The other will stand for a few hours then flop over completely. I've been taping them for 8 weeks now and they had been done for about a month before that. The breeder had told me it would probably only need to be taped for a week once I got him... I had NO idea it could take 9 months!!! grrrr... Guess I won't lose hope just yet.... off to repost his ears AGAIN!

We use backer rod, trim the bottom at an angle, cover it in a cotton pad secured with athletic tape. The rod is taped into his ear using Gentle Paper tape and then athletic tape.

3. xDAISYx

xDAISYx Boxer Pal

yea i stoped by the vet today and we are thinking about putting rods her ears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.