1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My baby Jack and the Bad Man

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Muggsysmommy, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muggsysmommy

Muggsysmommy Super Boxer

One night my financee came home from work and told me that one of his employees roomate got a boxer puppy last week and is beating him up. He said he through his against a wall and punched him in the head. He said he saw him and his eyes were all bloodshot. He should know better than to tell me these stories. I start tearing up and tell him to go get him. A week later his employee calls and says that the "bad man" is willing to give him up if we pay him for him. We both dropped what we were doing and ran out the door. When we got there he ran up to us and tried to get in the car like "i know you are here to help me" the "bad man" started laughing about how he beat him up. I could not even say anything I just wanted to get him. We tried to find him a home but both homes he came back. I was already in love with him. He is so sweet and the greatest puppy ever. Muggs fell for him too both times we tried to give him up Muggsy was depressed. When he came back the last time I decided he needed us. Every time I get irritated with something he does I just think about the life he would have had if we had not rescued him. I swear if I could I would live on a farm and take in every single dog that needed a loving home. I wish more people would rescue there is such joy in giving a dog a good, loving home that has never known one. And those puppies are truly grateful to you for that.

2. Evie&Adam

Evie&Adam Boxer Insane

Jack is one lucky little guy! All that in his short 6 months of life?!?! Some people just dont deserve to live. I'm so glad you were able to rescue him - and keep him this time :) Mugs will love having a little brother forever.

3. Muggsysmommy

Muggsysmommy Super Boxer

The thing that scares me is that these people never seem to stop getting animals. They cannot take care of them they leave them outside on chains all the time. They get no love and attention. They should be shot. I keep telling our Muggs if he doesn't behave I am going to send him somewhere else for a week where he will learn what it is like to be a dog. As far as he's concerned he is just as human as I am. :)

4. emma'sdad

emma'sdad Boxer Buddy

its good that you got him but........

It’s good that you got him but, how where you able to restrain yourself???
    I’d have wanted to hurt (the bad man) to much! I belief that people that mistreat animals should be done the same way they did there animals, so if you beat your pets then you should be beat, if you don’t feed them you should be starved, ect.....

That be sound mean, but if we as a culture where used harsher punishment then i think that we would see less cases of animal curtly!!!!

But at least jack can have a happy ending.

LeRay

5. Muggsysmommy

Muggsysmommy Super Boxer

exactly!! I wanted to kill him but I thought if I flew off the handle he wouldn't let me take Jack. I could not leave that place without him. Aarons employee says he askes about Jack. I told him to tell him that he broke his nose and he was 10 lbs underweight when we got him and he will NEVER see him again. I would kill him then. It is terrible what people will do to a poor defenseless little animal.

6. Kosmo's Mom

Kosmo's Mom Super Boxer

I want to say what a great thing you did by getting poor Jack out of that awful situation.
    I don't know if I would have been able to restrain myself but I can see why you had to. Good Luck to you. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

7. Muggsysmommy

Muggsysmommy Super Boxer

Thank you! My, that Kosmo is soooo cute!!

8. Gus's Teah

Gus's Teah Super Boxer

I can sympathize...

with wanting to take home every dog that needs a home. I just will never understand how a human can abuse an animal. Heck, I can't even understand how someone can not spoil a puppy rotten! :) We are at our furry child limit in our house or I would bring home so many dogs! My husband keeps reminding me that we do eventually want to have skin kids so that's my motivation to keep our limit at 4 for now... heartworm pills and flea & tick meds get expensive for 4 big dogs!

I'm so glad you were able to keep Jack. You look at this wonderful little baby with so much personality and who is completely dependent on you and you wonder how anyone could ever even look at him wrong. Thank you for rescuing him!!!

9. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

I am so happy that Jack has found his forever home and has a wonderful family to call his own that he can feel safe at. It must have been hard to refrain but when you know that Jack's well being is at stake, you can somehow find the will to get him out of such a terrible situation.

My last golden, Hannah, was abused by the young age of 14 weeks. We didn't know when we got her and it was tough when she was a puppy since she was so afraid, especially of men. Hannah was always a little skiddish if you moved too quickly or dropped something unexpectedly but she was one of the best friends ever. She came through college with me attending many functions with me since she was so good and always stayed by my side. When we got Mason, Hannah was 6, his puppy antics and boxer charm helped her overcome many fears; especially the ones where toys came flying at her.

Please give Jack a hug and kiss from us. I am sure he's already repaid you for saving him in his short time with you.

10. lllore

lllore Boxer Booster

Pictures?

Pictures, we want pictures!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.