1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moth Balls

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by gidget1, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gidget1

gidget1 Completely Boxer Crazy

Hi all... I haven't been here in a long time, but I know you all will have the answer I am looking for.
    I have been having problems with my neighbor regarding my furbabies. He is very afraid of them and so has begun to complain to the landlord about the dogs. Everything from poop in the yard, to they are running loose. Non of these statements are true and I have spent many hours running interference with the landlord and the neighbor.
    Anyway...today I took the dogs out after I got home from work. As I was standing in the yard with the dogs,I began to smell a peculiar odor, although one I have smelled before. Upon closer examination I discovered that my neighbor has scattered moth balls all over the yard! All I can think of is this is an effort to do harm to my babies! I am livid to say the least. I have yet to have it out with my neighbor...but more importantly I need to know what harm these maoth balls can cause to the dogs.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Marcia, Gidget, and Bronx.

2. sgbtab

sgbtab Banned

3. Dunkin

Dunkin Boxer Insane

There was another post awhile back about a BW member and her nieghbor putting out moth balls. It can be very harmful to your animals. Do a thread search on it.

4. TossBranAbi

TossBranAbi Boxer Insane

I would call the police and your landlord. Him putting moth balls out is very dangerous and probably only the beginning if you let it go on. If you get the police involved, he may realize you aren't going to play games with him. Although by the sounds of it, he isn't trying to play games, he is trying to outright get rid of your dogs. I am sure he probably knew what the moth balls will do to a dog, sometimes the internet can be a bad thing. Please becareful with your dogs and never, ever leave them unsupervised. Also, be aware of your options to make them throw up, just in case, it could be too late by the time you got to a vet. Please keep us posted.

5. bucksteemom2

bucksteemom2 Boxer Insane

questions

Do you share a yard? What are the chances of your dogs being in this area? Has he ever directly threatened your animals or you? Do you know of any past instances he may have had with others or their animals? If you can let me know the answers to these questions, I may be able to guide you in the right direction, as far as criminal charges!!!
    Amanda

6. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

I would call whatever animal police you have in your state & tell them about this. :(

7. gidget1

gidget1 Completely Boxer Crazy

Thank you all for your responses. I did a search on moth balls and didn't find anything. Yes, we do somewhat share a common yard. We keep any and all poop cleaned up and we make sure that the dogs are never out when he is out. They are also NEVER left unattended. He told the landlady last week that they were out "running loose in the neighborhood". This is a flat out lie. I care way to much for my dogs to ever let them run loose.
    My biggest problem is Bronx...he will not poop while on a leash!

I will get the police involved today and I will be having a chat with both my neighbor and my landlady today also. I hate to have confrontation, but they have left me no choice.
    Thanks everyone, and I will keep you updated.

Marcia, Gidget, and Bronx

8. Dunkin

Dunkin Boxer Insane

The thread was posted 2-5-06 by totallyhip. I hope there is some info that can help.

9. boxerrussell

boxerrussell Boxer Booster

I'm sorry that your neighbor is such a jerk. Please let us know what happends with the situation.

10. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

What an awful situation to find yourself in, best of luck getting things sorted out and keep your babies safe & away from that nasty neighbour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.