1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Mood Boxer"????

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by beasleymom, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beasleymom

beasleymom Super Boxer

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but since it's about a physical attribute, I guess this is the best place.

Beasley has a completely dark mask and only white markings underneath his chin and onto his chest. He does have one little white spot/streak under his chin that almost comes up to his bottom lip and I swear it's like a Mood Ring...it changes color from completely white to varying shades of pink and sometimes scarlet red. I've been trying to watch for any kinds of correlation between activity and color change, but haven't been able to detect anything significant. I do know that color changes have occurred when he's been itchy, cranky, or tired, but I'm thinking it has more to do with an increased blood flow to his mouth area. I'm not really concerned about it (should I be?) but just thought it was unusual.

Is this totally bizzare or does anyone else have a Mood Boxer? Maybe some of you White Boxer owners out there experience this kind of color change in your babies??

2. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

Usually one can see various shades of red/pink in the flashy boxers or boxers with a good bit of white on the chest. Rocky's (who is flashy brindle) chest will turn pink/red when he is super excited. His chest and muzzle (he has a white mask) will turn pink when he is tired and sleepy. :D

Andie

3. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

You are correct. Physical activity and excitement causes blood to rush faster and to the head. Thus, under the white fur which lacks pigmentation, you'll see it get red in varying shades. I see this on my Susie (all white) on her face, ears, tummy and sometimes legs when she's been running (burning) a lot.

I see it in my flashy fawn too who has a white chin and chest. If you feel their ears when their skin is red, you'll see how warm they are compared to times when they are sleeping or at rest.

4. boxerlvr

boxerlvr Banned

You're right about the skin turning different colors. My Rocky is fawn with a black mask but his chest and bit under his chin is white. Exercise or weather conditions I find turn his pink. But be careful also...my Rocky's collar was also turning his neck pink, even though it wasn't tight, he was having some sort of reaction to the material. you just kinda gotta watch make sure it goes back to normal color that's all.

5. Rowdy Boys

Rowdy Boys Completely Boxer Crazy

The pink on Omar's face changes colors and I've noticed what Dan mentioned above about the warmth of his ears/head at the same time. One of Omar's inner eyelids has a different pigmentation - it's pink, and when the pink on his face turns dark or almost red, his pink eyelid does the same thing.

Brenda

6. jazzyboxer

jazzyboxer Completely Boxer Crazy

I never noticed this before. Jazz has a white chest and the hair seems like it is thinner there, so I'm watching to see what it looks like when she comes in from burning up to back yard in a few minutes.

Faith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.