Molly's spay tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
Well Molly gets spayed tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous....not about the operation but about keeping her quiet afterwards. I feel kind of guilty about sending her to the vet but I know it is the best thing for her and for us. Keep us in your thoughts.

Lizzie

Andi20

Super Boxer
Molly will do fine :) I have to admit I cheated when it came to keeping Xena quiet hehe. I figured she wasn't on any pain meds so she could feel if she was hurting herself, and don't feel guilty at all; one day you'll wonder if there was anything you could have done to make her live longer... this is one of those things :)

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
Thanks guys. You're helping me feel better. I know she'll do fine. Do you think that they can give anesthesia to the owners?! Seriously, thanks for the words of encouragement. It really makes me feel better.

Lizzie

Rott N Box

Super Boxer
I just had someone the other day who's baby was in getting neutered say "Can I have some sedative so I can sleep all day and not worry about him?" Molly will be fine. That night she'll be pretty sleepy and probably a little sore but the next day, you won't be able to keep her down! (and that's okay, just not too hard of play)

kofi'sworld

Boxer Booster
kofi's getting spayed tomorrow as well... i almost had second thoughts about 15 times today... its not that i don't agree with the procedure i just don't want to hurt her... oh well... the sooner 8:15 comes the better... wish i could be smiling...

AntJan

Completely Boxer Crazy
Lizzie -
Molly will be ok! I agree with Rott, she will be groggy when you bring her home, but the next day she'll get her energy back. That's how it was with our Nikki. I swear, she looked drunk when we brought her home, just spacing out here & there, wanting to cuddle with us & sleep sleep sleep. But she was fine after that. ;)

Kofi'sworld -
Having 2nd thoughts is normal. But Kofi will be fine too! Don't worry. :)

carole

Boxer Insane
Star is due to get spayed in the next few months and I am already worried about it. I feel terrible for putting her through it even though it is best for her.

Hope to hear how Molly gets on. It will make me feel better.

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
Thanks guys. I'm off to the vet in about an hour. Wish me luck! Poor girl doesn't understand why she can't have breakfast :(

I hope she'll be better tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to be able to keep her down if she's feeling better. So its good to know that your babies had good experiences with post-op. I'll just do my best. She can play in the house and I'll keep her on lead when she's outside (she's not going to like that). I'll let you all know how it goes. Meanwhile, keep sending the good thoughts!

Lizzie & Molly

mcnamaraliwo

Boxer Booster
P.S. Good luck to Kofi! I'll be thinking of you as I drop Molly off. We're in the same boat ;)

L

Star, I'll keep you all posted. I'm sure we'll all get through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.