1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Moles" on the face?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Lennox_ATL, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennox_ATL

Lennox_ATL Boxer Buddy

I was just curious about this. Lennox has what could be described as a big mole on each side of his face, with long hairs coming out of them. I believe most boxers I've ever seen have these. Do they have a name? Do all boxers have them or just most? I'm guessing that they're there to help them feel things with their face, just like regular whiskers.

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

We call them "beauty marks" Don't really know if they have a technical term but I know of people that cut those hairs. We don't.

3. carole

carole Boxer Insane

Star has 5 of them. One is under her chin. I did not notice them on dogs until I got Star.

I dont cut the hairs either

4. elvis_baby

elvis_baby Boxer Insane

My partner is really cruel and calls him wart face !! To be honest i have never thought to look at another breed to see if they have them but my old boxer did too.

5. Allie'sMom

Allie'sMom Boxer Booster

Allie has these moles as well. I think its kinda cute. We dont cut the hairs either!

6. fyrfytr1717

fyrfytr1717 Boxer Pal

Molee molee molee

My little Macy has 5 as well... I was assuming they're standard for the breed as she has one exactly in the middle of her bottom jaw, and two symetrically placed ones on either side of her head. Hmmm... they must have a name.

7. Letty

Letty Banned

As far as I can tell Molly has three as well. One on each cheek and one under her chin. I never thought twice about the because My DH's parents rottie has them as well I just thought it was normal.

8. nikol0304

nikol0304 Banned

They must have some kind of technical name for those because Tyson has the same thing. One on each side of his face and then one directly under his chin. At first I just thought..wow..what a coincidence that theyre so symmetrical. Ha..how cute.

9. Alisha Mobley

Alisha Mobley Boxer Insane

My guys have them as well. When younger we always had mix breeds (mostly chow mixes), they all had them too. :)

10. Iaboy

Iaboy Banned

Max has 4 of them on his face and we never bother the hair, I think most breeds do except the longer fur types. Don't know what they are called, anyone know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.