1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moistening/Mixing food with kibble containing Citric Acid...??

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by leeshie45, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeshie45

leeshie45 Completely Boxer Crazy

I'm thinking of switching Champ over to Orijen and while researching whether or not they use ethoxyquin, I see that they use vitamin E, Rosemary and citric acid as preservatives.

I know that moistening food that contains citric acid can contribute to bloat. So should I not mix this food with wet food then?? Champ normally gets a can of Evangers at night mixed with his kibble.

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

I don't think that adding a bit of canned food is what they mean by pre-moistening.

Pre-moistening refers to soaking the food in water - so that it balloons. I doubt many canned products would produce that effect, and I'm sure you don't let it sit for half an hour before serving anyway.

3. beanerbaby

beanerbaby Boxer Booster

thanks for asking this question, i've wondered the same thing in the past since I too mix canned with their kibble.

4. leeshie45

leeshie45 Completely Boxer Crazy

Good news, then. Thanks much.
    I got a sample pack of this Orijen from the feed store, and Champ scarffed it down so fast - as if it was yummy cat food or something. Hopefully his stomach will be okay with it. He's ok on the Candae, but he barely eats it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.