Miscarriage - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
So after posting my topic about the miscarriage, I thought the whole deal was pretty much done. All I would do is have my D&C the next day and I could get on with my lift and move on. W-R-O-N-G. That next morning I ended up going into labor, having contractions from 3 a.m. to 11 a.m., started hemorraging at home. I had to be admitted into the hospital where I was given demerol to dull the contractions (of course, I had to go through breathing exercises I hadn't even learned about yet to get through each contraction) and then I was put out entirely with general anesthesia (thank the Lord for that invention) and they did the whole D&C procedure then. I woke up feeling ten times better and went home to have bed rest for a few days. All that labor and no baby to speak of.

But thank you all for your kind messages. I really was happy to see them when I checked in. Made me feel good to have contact with my Boxer buds. Thanks again!

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I didn't realize that you could go into labour after having a miscarriage.

I hope Wagner is giving you lots of extra kisses!!!

Take care,

------------------
Jan
Markus, dark brindle
neutered male, 6 yrs old

Linda

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry to hear you had to go through that. I also didn't realize that could happen. I guess your body thought there was more work to do.

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy. I'll be thinking of you. :)

Boxermom

Boxer Pal
Amy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I too went through a heartwrenching miscarriage back in 1994. That was the worst thing I have ever gone through, next to the death of my grandma. Just know that it was nothing that you did. I blamed myself for a long time and went into a deep depression. Just know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. Feel free to e-mail me privately if you would like. cellomaster1@cs.com

------------------
Boxer slobbers and Wiggles, Bobbi Cooper
Mom to
Shyan-Boxer 2 years old fawn
Pu-hee-Bassett Hound 6 years old
Jake-Daschsand 5 years old
Kameron, Kodi and Destiny (skin kids)
My home page is :
www.megspace.com/family/cooperclan/

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
Amy Lyn,

I am so sorry about everything you have gone through. As if a miscarriage was not enough, to have to endure labor is just so sad. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Robyn

tlwhitman

Boxer Booster
Oh, Amy, I am so sorry you had to endure that. I do hope you are feeling better. Don't push yourself though. Take it easy and accept some pampering right now. You deserve it.

I had a ruptured tubal pregnancy ten years ago. It was physically and emotionally traumatic and scarring and took a long while to get over. (I still privately remember the anniversary of that day every year) It's hard to understand why things happen the way they do.

Prayers and thoughts are with you.

------------------
Tracy

Henry - male white boxer mix, born 12/1999, over the Rainbow Bridge on 10/5/2000 - always in our hearts
Fred - male boxer mix, brindle with natural ears, born 8/14/2000

Ona

Boxer Booster
Amy you are in my toughts and prayers.
Get cozy on the sofa with Wagner and watch AMC and Animal Planet.

Best wishes

Ona

MajorMom

Boxer Booster
What a nightmare! I'm so glad you are feeling better though. I'm sure Wagner will give you bunches of kisses!

Lava Linda

Completely Boxer Crazy
Amy,
What an awful experience to endure. : (
I'm thinking of you and hoping for an uneventful recovery.
I admire you for being able to discuss it openly, and I hope it helps you deal with all the emotions you must be feeling.

Better days lie ahead!!!!!!!!!

By the way, is your pup's name pronounced "Wagner" or "Vogner"?
-Linda

JoAnn

Super Boxer
Amy, please take care of yourself, I am also sorry you had to go through all that pain, I had no idea anything like that could happen either. I hope you are feeling better, please keep us posted. Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.