1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jan, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

It's only -13C. this morning so my dogs will get the best gift of a long walk today. They are of course getting lots of presents as well. :)

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Merry Christmas to you as well and all of the BW family!
    Safe travels for all and a healthy New Year for everyone and their pups!!

3. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

Merry Christmas - and Happy Boxing Day for those of you on the other side of the date line!

-25 F here ... so not much in the way of long walks today. But I'm sure Kisaq will like it just as much to snuggle on the couch and play with his toys under the Christmas tree!

Blessings to you all, your families, and your furry friends!!

4. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

And the same from myself and roge .. Hope that you all have a great day ..it's nearly over here in Ireland and we are all exhausted from the festivities and of course the odd glass of wine or two .

And give your beauties a Christmas hug from me ..

5. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

Merry Christmas from Arabella and I as well :) after a very long day , I have to say I'm very blessed the good Lord saw fit to give us Arabella to spend this special day with. She made our day perfect. we had a hint of sadness missing Tyson, but he is honored for the love of boxers he gave us :) he was a true gift.

Having Arabella this Christmas was our first with a pup.....omg so much fun! She could tell which presents had treats and she tore through that wrapping like lightening lol. She was a LOT of fun. We took her along to family trips to visit relatives throughout the day , and she did great. We were blessed to have family welcome her there and she was even given a few presents from extended family. Very special Christmas for our family having her.

Don't get me wrong, our kids received gifts,but it was agreed upon as a family before getting Arabella back in November, that if we decided on buying her, that Christmas was going to be "scaled back" this year on the presents in order to make it work financially for her, that essentially Arabella was the was the big gift, and today our kids held true to their word that they wanted another boxer and that they would do with out big ticket Christmas items for her, and I have to say it blessed my heart to see them so excited about Arabella opening her gifts, and taking her along as part of our family Christmas traditions, I'm proud of my little munchkins for loving their pup beyond the newness and doing the hard work it takes, and going through a loss but wanting to give that love again. They made their moma proud today :) I just have to be the annoying person who goes on about all my babies (fur and skin lol) today. They truly just loved her as if they just got her, and never complained once about what they didn't get, but honestly were thankful and grateful for their little doggie. They didn't forget what they gave up to get her. Which I know personally for us, our kids needed this teachable moment in life. I'm so so humbled to see how it all played out , and just feel very lucky...btw....in case anybody is questioning in their minds...my husband and I didn't exchange gifts to each other this year either. I didn't want anybody to think we asked our kids to do something we ourselves wern't doing as well :) we all did our part to make to make it work to have Arabella and even after the day is done, we all agree it was the best choice we ever coulda made. She's better then anything you buy in the store....even if she is a bit on the naughty side :)

6. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

Sounds like nose work is in her future!
    :)
    That'll be just about her speed too... give her something to occupy that mind of hers.

Glad you had a good Christmas. I'm sure your kids behaving like that was Christmas present enough for years to come!

7. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

So glad everyone had a Merry Christmas! We spent Christmas eve with my family and Christmas with my husband's. We had to leave Arabella with my mom on Christmas and she got to meet my niece's pittie Sienna. They started off ok but got into soon after and they took turns being put up or being out playing. This actually worked out better as neither dog got overly tired and got to calm down and rest.

My step-daughter flew in from San Francisco as well, which has made everything all the better! My Christmas wish of being with family has been fulfilled!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.