1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet Detective Jack Webb

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by RoxiesEcho, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxiesEcho

RoxiesEcho Boxer Insane

Jack for short.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/LKA88/06030195070600.jpg

I came home from work yesterday to spy something dead in our front field, I thought it was a possum that got hit. When I went to get rid of it so the dogs wouldn't be tempted to mess with it I discovered a dead grey & white duck. Much to my surprise I found 3 other dead ones near by. Then I spied this guy, still alive but unable to walk more than a few steps without stumbling. So I got me a towel and a box and brought him back to our vacant dog pen. Where they came from and why 4 were dead is a mystery. The only neighbors with ducks are down the road and they keep them in small little cages. I'm not going to check with them because I don't like how they treat their animals. I'm happy to have Jack as a new member of the family.

I half expected to find him dead this morning but he seems to be doing ok. Bella doesn't seem to be too interested in him although she will circle the pen trying to get a good look at him.

2. johann

johann Boxer Insane

Cute! Could they have been hit by a car? Domestic ducks can't fly....so they're prime targets in the road unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.