1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet Boxer Shorts

Discussion in 'Stories' started by TurtlePower, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurtlePower

TurtlePower Boxer Pal

Ever since I was little I have loved all types of animals and in the past couple of years I have grown a greater admiration. In the past year I have grown attached to the idea of having a boxer. Being a manager I Petsmart I have been on the look out for any connections. A couple of months ago that dream finally came through. Somebody decided to drop off their Boxer at the local Petsmart because the neighbors dogs were attacking her. She is only a year old. I received a phone call and immediately decided that I was going to take her. She is the sweetest little girl and has a lot of love to give. She is full of energy and is very much a kid. I only wonder if there was a male figure in her life that was mean to her, because she is very hesitant around men. And she is also wary around other dogs, I can see a very protective side of her. Hopefully I be able to work with her so she can have some friends to play with.

As for her name...well I have owned or fostered so many pets that I was at a loss for a name that I haven't named any of my pets before. So I went on a search for a name and a friend of mine came up with "Shorts."

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Just love it!! Shorts, so cute. I'm sure she will have a loving home now, I'm so happy for you and Shorts.

3. tyson&ali

tyson&ali Boxer Booster

Not to worry!!!

It will only take some time and shorts will learn to trust again!! I would even be willing to bet that she will be more grateful (if you can imagine a more grateful boxer) than most! there is somethig about being rescued that a boxer understands! give it time and congratulations on your new addition!! You may want to try resocializing her once she trusts you!! boxers love to play with other dogs!! find a dog park near you home,The dogs there will not attack and soon she will be back to her boxer ways. . . running and jumping like a deer:)

4. MizBev

MizBev Boxer Insane

What a great name...Shorts! Who would have thought....
    Sounds like she is very lucky to have found you.

Bev

5. kipspeople

kipspeople Boxer Pal

How great that you were there when she needed you. With your love, guidance, and support she will be trusting and loving everyone including other dogs. Shorts has got to be one of the cutest original names I've heard.

6. Pudge

Pudge Boxer Pal

Aren't boxers the greatest! What a cute name! Congrats!

Robyn

7. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Awww what a happy story for both of you! I agree that with time your girl will learn to trust again. Keep us updated with her progress. Shorts is an adorable name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.