Medicine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
I have several different meds left over from Kelseigh and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions what to do with them? I would hate to just throw them away since they were a bit expensive. I didn't know if there was a way that I could donate them to other pet owners that may need them for their dogs or if a rescue could use them.

Thanks.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
When Star passed I had almost a whole bottle, a 3 mo supply, of Proin left. I called the local shelter and they gladly took them. So check with local shelters and rescues.

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thats good to know. Thank you. I am about 30mins south of the Delaware line so hopefully there is someone that could use them. I would even mail them to one if not within driving distance.

Cami

Boxer Insane
I tried to donate thousands of dollars worth of medication to various places after we lost Cami.
I was turned down by all of them minus a Greyhound rescue who took a bottle of antibiotics. I know a rescue volunteer and that was the only way that it was allowed to happen.
I tried numerous Boxer rescues as well as local shelters and other all-breed rescues. I even tried donating the medication back to the vet offices but no luck.
I hope you are successful!

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
That's ashame. I was really hoping to be able to make some good out of all this instead of just disposing of it.

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
I have always found a taker for meds after losing a pet. When Petey passed, I asked the vet and he actually took the meds and gave them to a rescue group. For the cats, I found a rescue in Indianapolis that wanted them; I mailed them and got a very nice thank you.

Ask around. It's a shame to flush medicine.

Pam and Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.