Martin and the Oil Spill !!!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irinikm

Boxer Booster
Hello all,

It's been a while since I posted since Martin mostly behaves in his old age (he's almost 8 now)... but yesterday he topped all his previous mishaps and proved that a boxer will NEVER, NEVER, grow up and behave like an well-behaved dignified senior canine citizen.

On my kitchen counter I have an electric frying pan (i don't know how it's called in english, but it's an electric machine that you fry things in, probably it's just called a deep fryer ;-). Martin has never, never, never, showed any interest for any electrical appliance in the kitchen or in any other place.

I come home last night, open the door, and a strange smell hits me, it's like burnt butter, oil, petrol, and it's really nasty and slightly tangy... Beofre i can even begin to realise what it is i am smelling, i look on the floor and realize that i am standing literally in a pool of fired oil that's been beautifully ornamented with puke AND nasty diarheea.... ;-)

Martin is nowhere to be found but I can hear him shuffling in the bedroom, the whole house is like an oil rig with little oily paws everywhere while the few clear areas are smeared with poop... a few seconds later Martin shows up, dripping with oil, while the deep fryer is upside down on the floor with all the wiring sticking out and various components scattered around.

I"t took 4 hours to get the house under control and another 2 to get Martin cleaned up although I swear i can still smell a fryer scent on him ;-) Likely the tummy and stomach were back to normal after a day, and we are still on meds to keep him from dehydrating or vomitting, but for a few moments (although I love my Martin dearly), i got this Cruella feeling that he would look great as a little briddle fur decorations on my coat ;-) ;-) ;-) Luckily, I got over this stylistic impulse and he has been resting comfortably in my lap to stroke his little upset tummy... ;-) ;-)

He will never cease to amaze me, I wonder how long it will be before he places himself in the laundry machine to get himself all cleaned up !!!

cool2icon
Irene & Martin (the "oil spill")

JokersSoul

Boxer Booster
Oh what a story!! I can imagine the sight and I am sure it was a nasty mess. Boxers will be Boxers for sure. Thanks for sharing!

JWalkBoxers

Boxer Booster
On my goodness! What a naughty boy! :LOL: Well, it sounds like maybe the bad tummy upset has taught him a lesson about the deep fryer!

SweetCody

Boxer Insane
On my goodness! What a naughty boy! :LOL: Well, it sounds like maybe the bad tummy upset has taught him a lesson about the deep fryer!

I wouldn't count on it :LOL: I bet that was a sight to behold, the whole house covered in grease and oil YUCK. Such a pain to clean. Hope Martin's little tummy is all better now. :)

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
Oh my goodness. I can't imagine the mess he made. You're right. A boxer will always be a pup no matter what the age. Glad he's feeling better. Little devil!!

NateBazooka

Boxer Booster
eeeewwwwwww!!!! You might need a hose to clean up after his little Boxer reports for the next day or so. Yuk!

One of my roommate's dogs at my last house was a little chihuahua/schnauzer mix that looked like a dog version of Steve Buscemi. Everyone was really worried about him one night because he just started throwing up everywhere, and we couldn't figure out what he had gotten into.... until we realized that a cabinet in the kitchen had been left open, and a jar that was used to collect drippings from bacon, ground beef, etc. was open, on its side, and empty.

He felt pretty bad for awhile, but I think he'd do the same thing again given the opportunity.

iluvfrankie

Completely Boxer Crazy
That is the funniest story ever, poor baby being sick tho. i hope it has learned his lesson. poor u having to clean that up! they never grow up!!

Love the name btw its like Kevin on here! sooo cute!

auntthelm

Boxer Insane
Martin, nonoicon nonoicon to electrical appliances and to old oil. I bet mom is exhausted and needs some sleepicon1 and lots of good boy boxer kisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.