1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Markus 1994-2005

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Jan, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It's a sad day!

Markus was my first boxer! He was the best boxer, though he certainly didn't start off that way. I wanted to take him back, but was too embarrassed to do so. In those days you didn't take dogs to puppy class. Markus could really have done with puppy classes. :) He didn't go to obedience class until he was six months old. It was a typical old style class in a high school gymnasium. It went on for six weeks. It didn't help much. I found another facility, the trainer was great and I went every week for 2 years. He turned into a pretty good dog. In the end he was the most obedient dog I have every had. I tried to do obedience with him, but he didn't like it much. Eventually, I switched to agility which he just loved. He would just prance across the dog walk. I think he would have been really good at agility, if I had just got into it earlier. Unfortunately, he developed arthritis in his spine and it put an end to it.
    He was a well travelled boxer. We travelled all over the Western USA and went north to Alaska. He was a great travelling companion.

Rest in peace Markus! You were a wonderful boxer!
    2001-08-26 14.18.45-1.jpg

Attached Files:

bxrbgood likes this.
  2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I don't know why the pictures didn't load properly. I will try again.

2001-12-08 14.52.51.jpg
    His favorite spot when travelling. Do bad he couldn't actually drive.
    2005-01-01 14.39.34.jpg
    He had no problem standing on a narrow ledge for pictures.
    2002-06-21 13.47.01.jpg
    He loved to play in the water, but definitely no swimming. He watch his favorite retrieving toy float away. :(

Attached Files:

bxrbgood likes this.
  3. GDOGS1

GDOGS1 Boxer Insane

So sorry for your loss of Markus, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time. run forever free Markus and Godspeed

4. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

I get sad about Dakota too. She was our first boxer. We only had her 6 years tho. She was the best dog ever. No bad traits.
    Run free Markusloveicon Take care Janfirsticon

5. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

What a handsome boy Jan ,I am so sorry that you lost him , it's heartbreaking:(
    Run forever free sweet boy and Godspeed angelicon

6. Mega's Mom

Mega's Mom Boxer Insane

So sorry for your loss. sadicon Run free at The Bridge, Markus. angelicon

7. Independence

Independence Boxer Insane

He was so handsome. Our first boxer, Bubby was a complete terror. So not obedient and bad. Caught him one day standing in the middle of the kitchen table peeing on an African Violet..... oh Bubby I loved that boy so much.

Jan, you know it's those good memories that make us continue to love boxers..... Sweet kisses in heaven Markus

msnitsirk likes this.