Malaseb shampoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicos mom

Boxer Booster
I have a question about this and I should have asked before I ordered it, but I am now wondering if this is the right shampoo? I ask because it says POISON on the label! I haven't received it yet.

Dermcare Malaseb Medicated Shampoo at Pet Shed

They have something called Malaseb on Amazon but the bottle and label are different and someone in the reviews said it wasn't the right formula or something.... If anyone uses this, please click the link and tell me if I bought the right stuff? Thank you!

New Mom

Super Boxer
Malaseb shampoo is very good for skin issues. I have a Boston who has a problem with being itchy and it has worked wonders. At first, I was bathing her 3 times a week (per my vet) and now I bathe her every other week or so. Frequent bathing was a pain but it helped. I looked at your link and the bottle looks different. Hope this helps.

Nicos mom

Boxer Booster
Hi New mom - thank you and yes, it does help. I wonder if I should use it now. It hasn't arrived yet. I will ask my vet to check the link. Nico is doing much better with his scratching but he still needs a bath every 7-8 days. I don't mind and he is such a trooper. I've been using Duoxo, which I really like, but several people have suggested Malaseb and since I needed more, I thought I'd try it.

Thanks again!

ROROSHELTON

Super Boxer
I use Malaseb on Brutus and I buy it at my vet's office. It is very gentle and he's been doing great with it. He gets frequent baths and this shampoo does not dry his skin out. At one time he had to get bathed twice a week and this is what I used and had no problem at all.

Nicos mom

Boxer Booster
Thanks! I received the bottle and it says POISON really large on the upper area of the bottle. The instructions say to wear gloves and not get it on your skin. Oh really???

It came from New Zealand. At any rate I didn't use it. We will stick with Duoxo, unless someone can offer me a link or photo of the bottle of their own Malaseb. I'm bummed as I wanted to try it given so many great things I've hear about it. But I want to make sure it's the right stuff!

x19er

Boxer Insane
Our bottle looks like this Buy Malaseb Shampoo, £13.61, Prescription A-Z Products, Online Pharmacy

No mention of poison or wearing gloves when using, just the usual about rinsing if you get it in your eyes. It does say not to let them lick it off implying that it may do some harm in large quantities which may tie in with the mention of poison on your bottle.

Maybe the manufacturer has to follow different guidelines on how to handle the ingredients depending on the country it's being sold in? Our bottle says 'veterinary medicinal product authorised for use in UK and IE'.

Last edited:

DlcVta

Boxer Pal
The Poison label would have me concerned too. I work at an animal hospital here in California and our bottle is white with Malaseb in red writing.

Nicos mom

Boxer Booster
Thank you everyone for your input. We are sticking with Duoxo. Just got a bottle of the maintenance formula. Not sure how to dispose of the other one though, with the poison label and all! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.