1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Lump"on her head

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by luvbnmom, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvbnmom

luvbnmom Boxer Pal

Our Jezebel is 14 weeks old, when we got her at 8 weeks she had a perfect shaped head. Just yesterday we noticed her head has a "lump". Seems like it just appeared over night. Researching the web, seems like having a "Cone" head is the norm for boxers. But does it happen overnight? It's soft to touch, doesn't seem to bother her at all. She's still active and spunky as ever! Is eating like a champ, so should I worry? Can someone give me insight before I panic and take her into the pet hospital?

2. TyTysmom

TyTysmom Super Boxer

I'm really not sure what to say except that Tyson has kind of a ridge across the top of his head that goes from ear to ear. He had it ever since we rescued him at 7 months old.

It wouldn't hurt to call the vet.

Best wishes!

3. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

Our tyson was opposite. When we brought him home at 6 weeks he had a serious looking cone head, but as time went on, he grew out of it and now has a more square boxer shape head.

4. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Boxer pups have an "egg bump" on the top of the skull. Mostlikely it will flatten out with age and have that flat head look, even with a ridge, as they hit maturity. Some still have somewhat of a rounded top of the head, so don't worry, it's normal.
    They say boxers grow up the first year = grow out the second - and grow their brains the third year. So, it takes time for the skull to grow to fit their amazing brains!!!

5. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

The "cone" shape is normal but it does not appear overnight and is not soft either. I wonder if what your girl has is something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.