1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loves to chew up dog beds!

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by myboxerlove, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myboxerlove

myboxerlove Boxer Buddy

so, i cant even tell yu how much money ive spend on dog beds for cuddi lol. we got cuddi a bed last yr when we first brought him home, it was a small one that he fit perfect on, and of course i turn around and theres bed fluff all over the room. he even got a custom made bed it was so nice, it had foam inside so it seemed sturdy, and then he found a way to destroy it and rip the zipper out lol. whenever we leave him in his crate i always tried to put some towls or blankets in with him to snuggle up in and sleep on, but he chews them aLL. he even managed to somehow crack the bottom of his crate, the pull out tray thing, so i had to throw it away. i dont want him to be uncomfy when were gone or when he sleeps, even though ive found him sleeping in the most awkward positions with face smashed into the crate bars upside down and all lol !
    theres just the iron bars now on the bottom of his cage because of course all the recent beds i tried putting in there for him to rest on he tore up! i finally got a huge bed from costco, it was only $17 and its such a good quality bed. its huge and circular and he layes on it in the living room, but i wont dare put it in his crate, itll be eaten lol. i got a big rug last week made of carpet that fits good in his crate, and sure enough i come home and see him sitting there looking back and fourth but not at my face (he does this when he knows he did something wrong lol), with little pieces of carpet fluff stuck to his mouth and the border of the carpet rug all chewed up and all over the place in his crate.
    i need something to put in there that he wont destroy but also i want him to be comfy and cozy. ahhhh cuddi ! lol :)
    what do yu guys do ?

2. samsons

samsons Boxer Insane

this is a NEARLY in destructible dog bed out there ~ cant recall the name , but several members have had good success with it ! a google search should find you a link ! good luck :)

3. elgerdes

elgerdes Completely Boxer Crazy

Are you looking for something to go specifically in his crate? Or a bed in general? If it's for use out of the crate, there is this one I saw posted her on the forums. Looks like a cot, made with PVC pipe (or looks like it). It's like an orthopedic bed. Like $70. You can probably search on the forums for it or even google. GL

4. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I think the bed Angela and Emily are talking about is the Kuranda. It is elevated and has no stuffing. Several members who have had issues with their dog destroying beds said how they have gotten them and they haven't had a problem since . Here is a link, Dog Beds, Elevated Dog Bed, Cat Beds & Dog Cots | Kuranda

5. myboxerlove

myboxerlove Boxer Buddy

wow that is a cool bed. thanx for all the helpful responses !

6. ZekeZira

ZekeZira Completely Boxer Crazy

We had huge problems with Zeke destroying beds - and even worse problems with him eating the stuffing from inside the beds. Luckily he always "passed" what he ate but it was always traumatic for all of us. :eek:

We have had great success with plain fleece blankets. They provide cushioning, warmth, and NO STUFFING to eat. Something about the fleece makes it impossible for him to tear or shred. Plus they are really cheap and easy to wash/dry.

7. myboxerlove

myboxerlove Boxer Buddy

oh great, we just got him a fleece blanket !

8. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

I'm in the same boat as ZekeZira. Titan destroys any stuffed thing. But I put a fleece blanket in his crate, and it was not shredded. I wouldn't dare leave Titan the terrible out for fear he would eat my couch!

9. myboxerlove

myboxerlove Boxer Buddy

titan the terrible hahah thats cute !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.