1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Independence, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Independence

Independence Boxer Insane

Tank had a lump removed from his chest near the leg. The stitches did not hold. The additional staples did not hold. Now we are going to let it heal from the outside in. The gauze packing did not even last 24 hours. We go back Thursday for a recheck and repack.

What I need are suggestions for a covering that will stay in place. I currently have a t-shirt over his head with the back split and tied. It's ok but I'd like to find something that is a little more form fitting.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Have you talked to the vet about gluing it? I know the have a surgical super glue for people. As for more form fitting, once when Thor had to wear a Holter monitor they wrapped him in an ACE bandage and then put the self adhesive over that. It also limited his movement. Maybe that will work.

3. Independence

Thanks Pam. I will try that. I wrapped him in the stretchy bandage and all that did was slide down his chest. I will ask her about the glue. It's just in a bad spot with pulling and jumping and stretching..... and he's a beast right now because he can't play ball in the yard.

4. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

I hope he heals up quick. That is a tough one. I know they use surgical glue on us, why not a dog??

5. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

My son got a cut on his head glued last summer a week before his wedding, he didn't want stitches for obvious reasons , the glue was great and dissolved and didn't leave a mark .. Can't see why it can't be used on a dog , it's worth enquiring about .

6. Independence

because of the size of the opening, they cut a circle out, not just a straight incision it can't been glued.

Roge likes this.