Looking for a dog Park In Columbus, Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugomom1

Super Boxer
Is your web site operational? I couldn't open it. Canal is a little far for me, I live near Arlington. But good luck with the doggie park!

pawspark

Boxer Pal
web site

I am still designing it and it won;t be operational until next week....
It is only a couple of miles off of 33 south of 270

XenaWPG

Boxer Buddy
Glad to hear that SE Columbus Area will have park too.

Congratulations on your new Dog Park southeast of the city of Columbus. So Glad you all down in those suburbs will have a park to take your dogs now like we have up here in the NW suburbs.

Yes. We love our doggy friendly parks like Bark Park in Dublin, and Fancyburg in Arlington, as well as a few others we are lucky to have here in the NorthWest Columbus Area suburbs so we know you will love your new park and its convenient location for you folks SouthEast of the city.

Our city has just grown so much now that it is really a terrible inconvenience these days to drive from our NW side of the city these days to areas SE of the city like the areas of Brice & Gender Rds near Canal Winchester, Pickerington, Groveport, and Reynoldsburg. This city has just gotten too big and there are far too many cars and traffic accidents on our highways to make the trip back and forth between the NorthWest suburbs to those South of interstate 70 and East of 71.

So Good For You! We know your paws park down there is much needed and will be very appreciated by those pets and people who live down there in your SE Columbus Area neighborhoods.

hugomom1

Super Boxer
Xena,
I didn't know you went to Fancyburg! Hugo was practically raised there. He hasn't been back in a while though. Our other dog doesn't play well with others. I've been thinking lately though, about taking Hugo back to play sometime.

XenaWPG

Boxer Buddy
Fancyburg Park.

Yes. I didn't know it was called Fancyburg park at that time but I just went with my friends who had dogs to that park in the evening before I had Xena. The same with Bark Park in Dublin, I went there with my cousin and her dog a year ago or so. I work and shop in UA and live on the otherside of the river in Hilliard. I go by Kioska everyday on my way back and forth to work and OSU and shopping. I also work with some students afterschool back in that neighborhood so I know it well. I haven 't had Xena to the park there yet though. But I will go with her when there is better weather than this lousy rain we are having right now.

She is just 12 weeks and tomorrow will get her 4th vaccination. Since she had an allergic reaction (severe requiring hospitalization) we have to take her in on Saturday morning and leave her the whole day at the vet. Even though she did well on the last one because she had the pre-shot antihistamine/steriod combo and we left off the Lepto portion of the shot which we are sure she is allergic to, we don't make plans to do much with her in bad weather until we know she has made it through the vaccination safely and in good health.

But we should meet there maybe soon. I love boxers and would love to meet Hugo!

hugomom1

Super Boxer
Who are some of your friend's dog that go to Fancyburg? I bet Hugo knows them! We used to go there all the time. But our little Boston Terrier started behaving too dominant towards other dogs there so we stopped going.

myrocky

Boxer Insane
Just so I'm understanding right in order to let your dog play at the Paws Park you have to:

Pay $150 for the annual fee plus $5 every time you come to use the park? And the park is only open two days a week?

Tigermax

Boxer Booster
hugomom1 said:
Who are some of your friend's dog that go to Fancyburg? I bet Hugo knows them! We used to go there all the time. But our little Boston Terrier started behaving too dominant towards other dogs there so we stopped going.
We are pretty close to Fancyburg also! Maybe Xena would like to kick Tigers butt again? :LOL:

hugomom1

Super Boxer
cacamet said:
Stacie:
Sunday will be great- If you know around when you might go, that would be great- If not, when is the best time of the day to find the most dogs there?
Hope to meet you and Hugo

Cathy, Mark and Molly

Most of the dogs are at Fancyburg right at 8pm. Since the time change, off-leash hours are at 8pm every night. After the time 'fall back' it's 5pm.

As long as it's not pouring, there are always doggies there. I may take Hugo tonight, provided he behaves.

cody&duke

Banned
Andie,

That is what I was wondering too. I figured it out and if you went twice a week for the whole year the price would be $6.44 per time. I was paying $15.00 per day at the daycare I took Duke to so that is not too bad. But that was for the whole day.

I would love to let Duke play with other dogs. Let me know when you all are getting together again. Now that the weather is getting better it should be easier.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.