1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a boxer to welcome to a loving home !

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Robert White, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert White

Robert White Boxer Pal

Hey there,

We are looking for a boxer to welcome to a very loving home. We have 3 smaller dogs that we have had since they was babies. We have a great vet, that will make sure all medical is taken care of. My husband has done alot of info searching and that way we are on here.

I am located in western tennessee, large home with a large wooden 6 foot fence. I am a stay at home mom, so the boxer will get alot of attention that is needed, not locked up and lefted. I have 4 childern that will take him for walks and playing with him.

If anyone has any info please contact me.

Thanks,

Again thanks Boxerworld

2. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Please check your local rescues first. There are many, too many to count, families that have to give up their boxers due to financial difficulties........they need families very quickly cause the shelter is no where for a boxer! The longer they are in those shelters, the shorter their life will be, and not a very fullfilling ending.

There are tons of boxer rescues.......they often pull these family pets and put them in foster homes so they continue to live a good life. Many even have puppies!

The best part of rescues is that often they are housebroken and have manners.......a lot less work than puppies.

Rescues also seem to know and appreciate a new home.

3. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

I've seen a lot of urgent requests in the last few days from GA. If you click on the link and scroll down a few dogs, you'll see a beautiful girl who's last day may be today. How far are you from this shelter?

Spalding County Animal Shelter - Dogs & Puppies

I'll see if I can find any others who might be closer.

4. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Awe Daisy!!! Debbie, I saw this one on thursday and forwarded it to AABR......they couldn't help. I sure hope someone gets this girl and soon! Today may be her last day! Where's the boxer rescues in that area? I tried to search to connect her to one, but to no avail. If I hadn't just fostered Beauford, I would have transported her myself to our rescue and fostered her. She is too cute to be PTS.

OP: This girl is precious! You may want to consider her! She would be a great girl for you and the kids!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  5. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

This boy is in Murfreesboro -

Adoptable Boxer: Jackson: Petfinder

Lisa - we are full to the brim. We did bring up two from down south recently, but we have nine within our area waiting to come in and 19 that still need foster homes. SOme of our foster homes have 3-4 already (not including the one that has the nine pups). I keep thinking it can't get worse...

6. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

Just received word that Daisy in GA was adopted today :)

7. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

AWESOME!!!! So glad to hear.....I lost sleep over this girl. Thanks for the update. I was hoping I didn't have to make a roadtrip today!

Go Daisy!

8. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Now that's a good looking boy! OP: check him out! What a cutie pie!

Debbie, I don't see it getting better until the economy changes. So many broken hearts in this day. We hav one I wish I could foster, but it's a girl......not Lily's favorite sex. LOL She has a broken front leg that never received treatment and now she has been using it, the top of her foot is calloused from walking on it. Wish I could help her.....she's precious!

Maybe once I foster/adopt a few more out, I may just grow the cahone's to risk a boxer foster without actually keeping it! I will let you know when that time comes.....sigh.....

9. Robert White

Robert White Boxer Pal

Found a boxer

Well guys, I am glad to say I was able to find a male boxer, he came from a bad back ground.

He is in good health. I was told he has seaonal allergies, he has some area on his upper back that was told from foster parents, vet told them it was caused of his allergies.

His back ground is kinda sad, he was chained to a tree for 6 to 8 months, with a german shepard in the same area. The shepard was able to run free and was biting him so he shows some marks of the biting.

So he was taken out of the condition. Was in a foster home until I was able to get him

But the good news he is in a loving home and is able to roam freely, takes walks and runs in yard like he owns the place.

10. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

YEAH!!!! KUDOS FOR THE RESCUE!

Once he settles in, you will receive more love and devotion than you can handle! Rescues sure do appreciate the good life!

Thanks from all the homeless boxer's out there, that one was saved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.