1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long nose?

Discussion in 'Boxer Standard' started by Rileyfanclub, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rileyfanclub

Rileyfanclub Boxer Buddy

I was wondering if you all would look at some pics of my Riley and tell me if you think he has a "long nose" for the breed. When I look at pictures of other boxers, some times their noses look a lot more "squished in" than Rileys does. I love his face, so whatever you guys say won't hurt my feelings!

2. sgbtab

sgbtab Banned

riley looks all boxer to me. in soem of the photos his snout looks a little longer but then you have a shot where his nose looks fine. I think it's the 2nd picture. he sure is a handsome classic fawn

3. Rocky's Ma

Rocky's Ma Completely Boxer Crazy

I thought he would be a semi-flashy fawn? I thought classics didn't have that much white?

He is very cute! :)

4. SILLY6PAK

SILLY6PAK Boxer Insane

I think classic fawn would be rigt. I do think he is very handsome. I am picky on what I think is a good Boxer head. Some of your shots are hard to say. I would say a smidge long but he makes up for it with a good eye and square head. He looks in excellent shape. I hate to see heavy Boxers.

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It really hard to tell from the pictures because they are usually taken at an angle. It's actually easy to measure as the length of the muzzle should be 1/3 the total length of the head.

6. SandyHG55654

SandyHG55654 Banned

His nose is a little long but his muzzle is broader than Dozer we call him our pinnochio boxer! Your boy is beautiful! I wouldn't worry too much about it boxers sometimes look so different. Our new boy Diesel has a really short nose and he is always snoring and snorting! I think a little longer is better they can breathe a little easier.

7. tank & dozer

tank & dozer Banned

Take a look at our Dozer. He has a bit longer nose then his brother and they are littermates. But it is still square. Your boy definitely looks like a boxer to me. He just has tighter features.

8. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

It does look a little long in comparison to others, its not as squished in as some, they are all different aren't they, he is very handsome :)

9. Shakira's Ma

Shakira's Ma Banned

I, too, think that Riley looks all boxer. I also think that his nose is a tad longer then most, but all boxers are different. He is a beautiful boxer though. One positive thing could possibly come from a little longer snout would be less snoring ;)

10. tank & dozer

tank & dozer Banned

I am glad you checked out Dozer's pick. And I hope it made you feel a little better about your Riley. Dozer and Riley have very similar faces. Handsome I think ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.