Little Princess aka "NO FEAR"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen & Rick

Boxer Pal
We lost our first boxer 5 months ago from a brain tumor, rescued a 2 year old male fawn boxer one week later and then this past friday we adopted another rescue , a 6 week old white, deaf, female . Our male has acted like her new mama, herds her around like a little lost sheep and never has shown his teeth to her, but likes to nuzzle her alot to keep her in line :) She has no fear what so ever and will bark and snarl at him until he finally seem to know he has to get serious and then he will bark right next to her ear as if he knows she can't hear him unless he is right up close, We are so thankful to the people that rescued her as she was going to be put down by the breeder at 3 weeks old, the other two in the litter were put down at birth but I guess he thought perhaps she could hear and gave her some more time. Don't understand why so many breeders feel the need to do this, why can't they just be given away as pets. By killing them, they still can't control their breeding dogs from having more white ,deaf ones anyway. Oh well, little princess is waking up, still wakes up 3-4 times a night to go out to piddle but just like a new born baby, they are so innocent and sweet looking it is all forgiven and the day starts anew :)

Donna741

Boxer Insane
How neat! Welcome to BW by the way. Boxers are just so neat, they always seem to know how to take care of others who are "different" whether it's another dog or a person. Good luck with both of your babies.

boxers4life2001

Boxer Insane
First I would like to say how sorry I am about losing your first baby :(

Congrats on your two rescue's. I adopted Maddie in April (she was 9 weeks old) She also is white and deaf. She is coming along GREAT, we train her with sign language and she does very good with them. It has been alot easier than I thought it would be. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I did alot of research on the internet and bought a few books so I could get some ideas on how to teach and communicate with her. I also bought a vibrating collar (to get her attention when she's not looking) but I really havn't spent to much time training her with it yet. We still talk to her ALL the time even though she can't hear us. We love and adore her sooo much, she can just melt your heart she is so precious. I have an older male boxer Chance. He is her "big brother" and takes great care of her. She really learns alot from him. She reads his moves and actions and has picked up on alot of things from him. They love each other so much. Good Luck with your newest addition, can't wait to see some pic's :D

Karen & Rick

Boxer Pal
Thank you to Donna and Carrie for their replys, thank you for the encouragement and pictures of your "kids" will get one on of ours when I figure out how to do it. I feel like a new mom again, do the housework and catch some winks while she is sleeping, when she is awake she has everyone's attention!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.