1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little boy "Boo"

Discussion in 'Stories' started by bodacious, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodacious

bodacious Boxer Pal

We got our brindle boy Boo in November 2003, from the Tulsa Boxer Rescue. He was approx 1yr to 2yrs old, around 43lbs had mange and worms and was skin and bones, and his ears had never been cleaned or touched for that matter. The rescue said he came from a puppy mill in MO. When we brought him home he was so scared he would peek around everthing so his name wasen't real hard to figure out we call him peek-a-Boo. He was so sad he had never been in a house, touched or on the couch or even in a bed. He would haul butt if you even raised your hand to grab a pencil, it just broke our hearts that someone would treat a BOXER or any pet in such a way, sometimes I would cry just petting him or hugging him. I am sooo happy to say it took a while but the mange is gone along with the worms and "oh" those ears are clean. Went to the vet the other day for the rabies shot and a total care pkg, he now a whooping 65lbs!!! Our female boxer Belle loves him so much, she shows him the way in her boxer sisterly way.

2. kiwilyme

kiwilyme Banned

bodacious what a wonderful positive real life story..

I am so happy for your family and most of all peek-a-"Boo"! Oh and I love his name and why he's named it. We also recently adopted a senior boxer who behaves very much the same as your Boo. The other night I let him out on the front lawn to do his business. He's old and doesn't see or hear all that well, He was headed to the neighbors front door I had to go after him b/c he couldn't hear me calling his name when I reached down to touch him he crumbled nearly to the ground for fear of being hit. I don't know his history b/c he was picked up as a stray and was in a shelter. With out a doubt this poor little old guy was not only neglected but also physically abused. Like Boo I'm sure he never saw the inside off a house either.. and like you it makes me want to cry for the sad life he's had.In the short time I've had him he is ever so grateful for the simple things in life a warm place to lay his head, food,water and most of all love and attention. He walks up to me often and lays his head in my lap and says thank you, thank you and thank you again. He's such a little cuddle muffin he never likes to be left alone for a moment he's my newest little shadow. I am so glad you saved Boo and more importantly he knows you saved him. Thank goodness its canine to forgive..they make it so easy to fall in love with them..
    Wishing you only happy days and wagging nubs..

My shadow "King"
    http://users.owt.com/draymia/bw001.htm

3. bodacious

bodacious Boxer Pal

Boxer Rescuer's

Thank You for your words, your story is heart warming. Your boy has such a sweet face Thank You for saving him. I often wonder how there day's were spent, tied up or crated all day and night no hugs and kisses, or praise for doing somthing good. I have to stop myself and and just hope he will forget. When you said you had to go get your boy b/c he couldn't hear you calling him and you touched his back and he crumbled, oh so sad I know exactly what you are saying. The first night Boo came home it took us 4 hours to get him back in the house, he was so scared and didn't know what was going to happen to him he would bark every once in a while and peek around the door he was so very sad. I failed to mention he knows how to sit and shake on command with very little telling and lots of treats he has also gotten the Boxer wiggle down but the look is more like the James Brown slide. Thank You again for your message and I am so glad King found you!

4. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Kudos to you both! appicon I have not rescued a boxer, a rotti when I was in my teens, but rescue is the way to go for me now. I see their sweet faces and I just melt. Mason's next brother or sister will be a rescue and I know he can't wait. We're just waiting on a house where we can have two dogs so hopefully we'll be buying soon! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.