Limping after play

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyandduke

Boxer Booster
So Daisy and Duke were playing really hard yesterday in the backyard (running like mad, jumping, wrestling in the grass). I noticed that after I brought her in, she was limping a little bit (front right leg). After walking on it a while, she would be normal again. Then she took a nap, got up for water and she was limping again...then another few minutes she was walking and playing like normal. This morning she had a slight limp, but not as bad as yesterday, then it went away after breakfast. It was like an emotional roller coaster! LOL!

Anyone else have this experience? Any ideas on what this could be?

boxermom5

Super Boxer
Did you happen to observe their play session? If they are anything like Toby and Lucy (in the neighborhood of 14 mos & 9 months respectively), who can be quite brutal when they play, she may have been hit hard in the shoulder and is a bit sore from straining the muscle. I would also check her feet - she may have stepped on something or jammed something between her toes or between the nail and the inside of her toe...maybe a cracked pad?

daisyandduke

Boxer Booster
Did you happen to observe their play session? If they are anything like Toby and Lucy (in the neighborhood of 14 mos & 9 months respectively), who can be quite brutal when they play, she may have been hit hard in the shoulder and is a bit sore from straining the muscle. I would also check her feet - she may have stepped on something or jammed something between her toes or between the nail and the inside of her toe...maybe a cracked pad?

Yes, as a matter of fact, they play pretty hard and brutal. They jump and ram each other in the air. The sound takes the wind out of me sometimes. I did check her feet and in between her toes, everything seems to be ok. Nothing jammed between the toes, hang nails or pad injuries. I am thinking that it is just a bit sore from the play. She is doing ok now - still playing as brutal as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.