1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layla doesn't want her breakfast anymore???

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by Layla's Mom, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layla's Mom

Layla's Mom Super Boxer

I don't free feed Layla--never have in the past two plus years I've had her. Her feeding schedule has always been--Breakfast- 6:00 am her food --Lunch--12:00 noon-banana and yogurt and then Dinner-- 6:00 pm her food again.

The past two weeks she has just walked away from her breakfast every morning--I always pick it up after a half hour. She will eat her lunch and dinner, but I am just curious as to why she is doing this all of a sudden. I've heard that dogs may do this in warmer weather but was surprised to see this in the winter--BTW--she is a VERY active two year-old--goes to doggy daycare twice a week and dogpark on weekends.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2. Burton'sMa

Burton'sMa Boxer Booster

The only response I could give is that sometimes a dog will cut him/herself off if the calories are not needed. In the winter and hot summer months, my boy is a lot less active then he normally is in the spring......so, he never eats as much....although it sounds like you have a great situation with the dog day care and park.....As long as your Boxer is eating both lunch and dinner, I would say you have little worries, of course, I am not a vet......as long as she is still very active and doesn't act sick, she may just be going through a phase.....just my opinion for what its worth....Good Luck:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.