1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kramer's story.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by THE TOOTH, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE TOOTH

THE TOOTH Boxer Pal

My wife and I rescued a 3-5 year old male boxer about 2 years ago. His name is Kramer. He had sort of a rough life before he found us. He was bred to be a show dog, but his one ear does not stand straight up, so they could not show him. I assume this is where he was trained, because he is so well behaved. I'm not sure how long he stayed with them, but I guess they had no need for him. so he was then was sent to an Amish dog breeding farm. We were told he would not breed. So they put him in a barn and he just stayed there. At some point during his time there, they did something to his vocal chords. He does not bark or yelp, or make any noise. I guess they got tired of feeding him, and sent him to the boxer rescue. He was fostered by a family for a few weeks, but the boxer they owned tried to attck Kramer. So they had to give him up. We had been approved and were looking for months, and saw his profile show up on the resue's website. he was beautiful, and his description fit exactly what we wanted. We caled and requested to meet him instantly. It only took 5 minutes to realize that he was the boxer for us. He has been the best dog I have ever owned. We had some issues in the beginning with crate training, and seperation anxiety. But he got better within a few weeks. He had never had any toys I'm assuming because he did not know what to do with any toys we had bought him. he figured it out within a few days, and now he loves to play. He is a bit lazy, and loves his sleep. I'm so glad he found us.

2. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

Did you do anything to help him het over the seperation anxiety? I just rescued a female about one years old. She watches my every move. If I leave the room she follows. If I go out to get the mail she whines and scratches at teh back door. And of course when I go to work she howls and carries on.

3. StarIsMyBaby

StarIsMyBaby Boxer Buddy

So glad you found Kramer, or maybe I should say Kramer found you!! :D

Rescue Boxers are wonderful!!! I love to hear of bad situations turning into good ones like yours - thanks!

4. suzyqdogsmom

suzyqdogsmom Completely Boxer Crazy

I will never understand some people. I realize that breeding and showing dogs is a business, but don't these people do it because they love dogs. I can understand selling puppies to good homes, but to just shove one off to a breeding mill for a life of neglect and possibly abuse is beyond my comprehension. Once I get a dog or cat, I take that responsibility very seriously, kind of like till death do us part. So glad Kramer found someone to love him.

5. BoxerMom999

BoxerMom999 Boxer Insane

Congratulations on rescuing. So glad that Kramer has found his forever home.

6. THE TOOTH

THE TOOTH Boxer Pal

Thank you all for your replies. Sarg, He just got comfortable after a few weeks. We didn't really do anything special. I hope it works out for you. I'm sure it will. Just give it time. A schedule seems to work well.

7. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

We do have a set schedule and she is definitely coming around. Friday, which was her 10th day here, she did not whine at all when we left! She just watched us go and laid down - I peaked through the side window.

8. THE TOOTH

THE TOOTH Boxer Pal

That's great. It takes time. Jsut be patient with her. She has to adapt. But it sounds like she's on the right path. I think once my wife and I move, we're going to rescue another boxer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.