keeps peeing on his blanket

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Cobalt

Boxer Pal
Cobalt is 3 months old now. we have been crate training him and it has been going pretty good. well except for a couple things. he sometimes pees on the blanket that we put down in his crate. today he peed on it earlier so we washed it. once it was dry i put it back in his crate and as soon as he went back in there he peed on it. we just took him out about 30 min ago. usually he is really good about not going in his crate. during the night he goes about 6 hours without going. anyone have any tips on how to have him not pee on it?

joannaryan

Boxer Insane
When you are kennel/house training your pup make sure that you take him out every 30 min or so to go potty whether you think he has to go or not, and even during the night if you get up to go potty go take him out to potty too. 12 weeks is still very young and they have very small bladders so it's hard for them to hold it, so maybe if you get on a routine, if your aren't already taking him out often and as he gets older you can stretch out the potty times until he learns not to pee on his blanket. Good luck :)

Sansal

Boxer Insane
It is possible that he can still smell the urine on the blanket and it triggers him to pee. If you are sure that he has ample opportunity to relieve himself outside before he gets crated and that the accidents are not caused because he is crated too long I would try a different blanket.

White Cobalt

Boxer Pal
It is possible that he can still smell the urine on the blanket and it triggers him to pee. If you are sure that he has ample opportunity to relieve himself outside before he gets crated and that the accidents are not caused because he is crated too long I would try a different blanket.

Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking too. So for now we took the blanket out and he is sleeping on the liner that came with the crate. That way it rules out the blanket and if he does still pee in his crate it will be a lot easier to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.