Just go out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
It's winter here and the temps are well below normal - about 6 deg C this morning. The Boxers and the token Boxer seem to be on a strike about the weather. The last time anyone went outside was 4.00pm yesterday - so that's about 17 hours inside! I open the door every 15 minutes and they just look at me from the beds near the fire and as if to say 'Shut the door, you are letting the cold air in". :rolleyes: Actually Bella says 'anyone would think you lived in a tent'.

Finally decided that in the interests of their bladders I'd have to force them out of the house. Opened the door wide, and ran outside as fast as I could swinging the 'sausages-on-a-rope' toy above my head making silly talk, thinking that all the excitement may get them out of bed. Nope, all it did was make me look like a complete idiot in front of the Rural Fire Brigade who just happened to be driving down the firebreak in front of our house at that exact same moment. I look back at the house and there are 5 dogs just inside the doorway, heads peering out, looking interested, but not concerned smashicon

Wonder if there is a record for just how long a dog can stay in bed?

Sharon

abcdefamily

Boxer Booster
LOL!!!

Victoria doesn't like to go out when it's cold either, although she usually 'will' go because she has to do her business. However, if it's raining/storming, she can WAIT. LOL Although I think 17 hours is much longer than she's ever waited. LOL

Sorry, but I'm laughing at the Fire Brigade being there. hahaha good thing they didn't stop to ask if you were ok. hahahahahaa

Carolyn and Victoria

diego's heart

Boxer Insane
:LOL: ROFL :LOL:

I can just see it, Diego would be right there with them too. I know your situation is totally different than mine, being an apartment dweller, when D goes out, so do I. When it's wet or cold, he sports a handsome fleece jacket and he'll tolerate the temperature/elements as long as I will!

Even though it's 80 deg here outside and beautiful, I'm envious it's winter there - I want to curl up next to a toasty fire and knit one of my wool sweaters right now ;)!

Rocco850

Super Boxer
Thats hilarious about the Fire Brigade!! :) Rocco won't go out if its raining, god forbid he gets his paws wet. He acts like Im making him walk on hot coals. The neigbors probably think I'm nuts constantly saying "Go potty, go potty, go potty". Ive seen a neigborhood kid giggle when he kept hearing me say that!
Rocco will hold it forever if its raining unless I leave him unattended!!!

BeckyNC

Boxer Insane
Heck, Sharon, >I< wouldn't want to go out in that cold weather either!! It does not get overwhelmingly cold here in the winter, but Tae really dislikes water. One morning in March it was raining like crazy. I put her leash on and she stepped out onto the front porch and started to step on the first step, when she realized it was raining. She then turned around as if to say "no thanks" and headed back in the house. I can't say I blamed her!

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
Found the solution (and realised that I am, indeed, an idiot) - had to go to town to do the mail, picked up the car keys and everyone raced to the door :rolleyes:

Will have to remember that for the next very chilly morning :LOL:

Sharon

sashamom

Boxer Insane
Wow...i have to agree with diego's heart....I would trade you in a minute for a nice wool sweater and a fire and a cup of tea!! We are roasting here! Our only relief is that it IS raining everyday at some point and my kids also look at me like i am nuts when i open up the door to take them out! I actually have to pull like crazy to get them off the patio onto the wet grass!! Brats i tell you!!
I am laughing like crazy over the keys though....good idea!!
Sasha,Telmar and Lisa

It's tough to convince pups to go outside in weather you wouldn't venture out in :D.... When we first got Willis we had a freak snow storm for a few days. He wasn't having anything to do with going outside when mum was staying in.... after a few house accidents, we started bundling up and braving the weather with him. Now he loves the snow, and he'd better! As a Canadian dog he's going to see lots of it!

Too funny about the fire brigade... they make you do the craziest things!!!

Sidda1018

Super Boxer
Krikkit said:
Opened the door wide, and ran outside as fast as I could swinging the 'sausages-on-a-rope' toy above my head making silly talk, thinking that all the excitement may get them out of bed.

Sharon

That is so hilarious...lolololol.

Status
Not open for further replies.