Just curious if there are any Matthew Sweet or Kim Richey fans on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie Davis

Boxer Insane
I was just wondering if any of you are familiar with Matthew Sweet and Kim Richey. I love their music...also I have loved LInda Ronstadt's music since the mid-70's (am I dating myself?!!)

------------------
Boomer, flashy red fawn, 2/19/00, natural ears, docked tail, heart of gold
Brandy, yellow/white Beagle 1/00
Baxter, grey tabby, 3/96
Casey, Sue, Pierre, Mitzi, Tinker, Tanya, and Tessa waiting at the bridge, and always in my heart

Lava Linda

Completely Boxer Crazy
Apparently so, and from the lack of response, you're gonna keep on dating yourself!

(Just kidding!!)
(nyar, nyar)
I know, that was really mean, I couldn't resist. I figured you wouldn't mind, since I can relate. You see, I'm a Dave Matthews Band fan, and I'm accustomed to a similar response. "You like WHO??", with a vacant look in their eyes....

I like your idea, though, so I'll try it myself if you don't mind my borrowing.
-Linda
PS I love Linda Ronstadt. I saw her in concert once with The Eagles and Jackson Browne. Killer concert!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Linda, proud mother of:
Gilroy - 5 y.o. brindle male, natural ears, gentle as a lamb :)
Purdy - 5 y.o. spayed flashy brindle, natural ears and tongue
Michaela, Boss, Tonka, Maybe, Woof, Jack, Deacon, Casey, Crystal, Flo, Kimba and Poquito, waiting at the bridge.

B

Badassboxer

Sorry never heard of the first two,
I've heard of Dave Matthews and I like everything that I've heard, but don't know which songs are which or anything.

Metallica & Rush are my favs.

RileyMom

Boxer Booster
I loved Matthew Sweet's first release. My favorites on that were probably "Evangeline" and "I've Been Waiting."
I can still isten to that CD straight through again and again, which I can't say the same for too many other CDs. But I didn't think he did much after that.

Kim Y

Super Boxer
Gotta agree with you Julie--great music. Hey Linda---we were able to see the Eagles with Melissa Etheridge---FANTASTIC CONCERT! One of the best we've been to and believe me, we've been to quite a few. ;)

------------------
Kim
Mommy to Oscar 09/19/00, flashy bouncin' brindle bundle of joy boy, docked tail and ears a la natural
Buster the cat
Teela, 06/05/85-10/15/97 Golden Retriever, waiting for mama at the bridge

Julie Davis

Boxer Insane
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RileyMom:
I loved Matthew Sweet's first release. My favorites on that were probably "Evangeline" and "I've Been Waiting."
I can still isten to that CD straight through again and again, which I can't say the same for too many other CDs. But I didn't think he did much after that.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You would absolutely love 100% Fun and Blue Sky On Mars. However, the best CD to buy is Matthew Sweet 90/00...his greatest hits for the past ten years. My favorite Matthew Sweet songs are Girlfriend (if you like the Black Crowes, you'd like this song), Come to California, Sick of Myself, and his Flipper remake. Those of you who don't know who Matthew Sweet is...he's like ELO, the Beatles, and Brian Wilson all rolled into one with a little foor stompin' 70's tinge to his music. And as for Kim Richey, she's alternative country. Kinda reminds me of Linda Ronstadt and Karla Bonoff. My husband and I are polar opposites when it comes to music. He likes metal and hard rock, and I like alternative country, 70's rock, 30's and 40's music, and believe it or not, some rap music too.

RileyMom

Boxer Booster
Yes! "Girlfriend" -- that's really the song he "broke through" with, right? I do like that one a lot. And I remember "Sick of Myself," too.

I used to be much more into (then) current music when I was in hugh school and college. Now I have hundreds of CDs from that time period and nothing new -- like I'm stuck in a time warp!

Last year I got my husband an audio CD recorder for Christmas and we've made some great mixes of stuff we used to listen to in college. That's a wonderful toy to have if you can get one!

JoAnn

Super Boxer
I have heard of Matthew Sweet but am not familiar with the music. And I had better know who Linda Ronstat is since she is from Tucson. I am afraid I am guilty of loving all the new Alternative Rock, Limp Bizkit, Eminiem, Korn, all those bad boy bands. My husband is so ashamed of me I am a 37 year old teenager, at least my daughter and I don't fight over what to listen to in the car.

Kim Y

Super Boxer
JoAnn--I'm with you, girlfriend. :) I love alternative music. What can I say? I'm a hip grandma! (Three grandbabies and counting)

------------------
Kim
Mommy to Oscar 09/19/00, flashy bouncin' brindle bundle of joy boy, docked tail and ears a la natural
Buster the cat
Teela, 06/05/85-10/15/97 Golden Retriever, waiting for mama at the bridge

B

Badassboxer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoAnn:
I am guilty of loving all the new Alternative Rock, Limp Bizkit, Eminiem, Korn, all those bad boy bands. My husband is so ashamed of me I am a 37 year old teenager, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Jo, we should hang out! I am guilty of the same! I like all this new alternative music - it's so diverse!!! Must be something in the air out here! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.