1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a safety reminder as Halloween aproaches

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Gatorblu, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Someone shared this article from the SPCA with me this morning and I thought I would pass it along here. With Halloween coming up most people know about chocolate, but there are other dangers to consider as well.

Halloween Safety Tips | ASPCA

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Halloween!

2. Mega's Mom

Mega's Mom Boxer Insane

We, unfortunately, don't do Halloween at our house. Corenlius barks at the doorbell and is afraid of the costumes. So, we've turned it into date night. Cornelius goes upstairs in our room (with the door shut and the TV on) and we go out for drinks and dinner. We're not totally lame though ... a bowl of candy with a "Please take ONE" is left on the front stoop. :LOL:

3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

When I used to live in B.C.. I would put a baby gate across the door. It would allow me to open the door and not worry about Markus and Tara going out the door while handing our treats. It worked really well.

In Manitoba, it is not an issue as I live in the country and nobody comes. :(

4. furrykidmom

furrykidmom Completely Boxer Crazy

Our male loves Halloween. He thinks all the kids are coming to see him. Our female watches from afar. This will be the puppy's first Halloween so I do not know how he will respond. He is very social so I am hoping he will follow Woody's positive vibes. Everyone always wants to see the Boxers.

We live in the country so kids are dropped off on the road and have to walk up to our house. We only get about 30 trick or treaters so it is not a sensory overload. I will be putting the light up collar and lead on the puppy and keeping him attached to one of us for safety.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.

5. TyTysmom

TyTysmom Super Boxer

We keep Tyson on his leash when the trick or treaters come. So it takes both of us each Halloween, 1 to pass out the candy and the other to hold on to Tyson's leash.

6. LoveMyLoki

LoveMyLoki Boxer Buddy

This is Loki's first halloween and mine in my new house. i am SUPER excited.
    He got his first costume and everything.
    I hope it goes well!

7. Mega's Mom

Mega's Mom Boxer Insane

Ooooh, what's he going as? We'll need pics!

8. LoveMyLoki

LoveMyLoki Boxer Buddy

i am uploading them now, soon as they are approved i will post the links!

Moderator note: They had to be deleted unfortunately. Please read the rules about the galleries.
    The galleries cannot accept filenames like 20131021_135616.jpg, 13_-_4.jpg etc like you did.
    The filename must start by a letter (like mega.jpg)

9. TinksDream

TinksDream Boxer Booster

My two already got to a bag of chocolates! My daughter left it on the lower part of the counter when she went to school and when she got home she found the bag/some wrappers in the backyard. Both of them are fine, no issues with them eating chocolate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.