1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a quickie on my Daisy's 1st season

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by SuesDasiy, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuesDasiy

SuesDasiy Boxer Pal

Hi

I have been reading up on the 1st season as my Daisy has just started hers.

What I am wondering is....I understand how important it is to keep a very close eye on her and not even leave her unattended even in the garden.....but can you clarify I am right in presuming that I can still walk her on a lead?
    I know its going to be 3-4 weeks before she will be allowed off lead, but some posts on here and other sites lead me to think that she shouldn't be out at all????

Thats not right is it???

Its going to be hard enough for her to understand that she can't run free at the park :(

Thanks in anticipation :)

2. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

The issue with being out for a walk is that any male dog that gets lose can find your girl and come after her. What are you going to do if a strange dog tries to mount her? What if there is more than one? What if the other dog is aggresive (which does happen when they are after the ladies). Better safe than sorry is the way to go.

Come up with some indoor games for the time being. Try the find it game. Works her brain too so less physical activity is needed.

It will be over before you know it so don't worry too much. She might make you crazy, but it won't kill her to not have a walk for a few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.