1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a bit scared!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chiefsmom, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

I just went to the doc's today for a routine check-up.... He found a lump on my left breast! I'm freaking out!!! I have to go to get blood-work, a mammogram, and an ultrasound done on Friday (6/8). He says not to worry until I get the results as it may be nothing! Easier said than done as I have a huge history of cancer in my family! Anyone go through this yet??? I need some positive stories! I'm a mess! I know that I shouldn't get worked up until I find out the results... but I can't help it! I'm a worrier!!!! wackicon

In addition, my thyroid is somehow a concern as well... I'm getting tests done on this as well! This isn't cool!!!! I'm 27!!!! :(

2. Just-A-Clown

Just-A-Clown Completely Boxer Crazy

Sending postive thoughts your way
    Your Doctor is right stay calm & not worry,get your tests done

I've only had to go for diagnostic mammmograms,everything was fine

3. Dunkin

Dunkin Boxer Insane

Sending good vibes<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>> I know it is hard not to worry (been there myself) but try to stay calm for now.

4. tab_b

tab_b Boxer Insane

Oh MAN! I'm so sorry that you're worried and freaking out - I'm sure we'd all be doing the exact same thing, though.

Sending TONS of good vibes and thoughts your way!!

((((((((((GIANT HUGS))))))))))

5. kt_brandy

kt_brandy Super Boxer

Debbie

i'm so sorry to hear this but try to take your drs advise and not worry til the test tell you differently not that they will but i'm like you and i'd be worried sick so i'm sending positive vibes that it's just a fatty nodule like my friend and another co-worker had - it was just a little lump of fat and that was all so heres hoping that's all yours is to.

6. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

When my mum had breast cancer she said the lump felt like a small hard pea (if that's of any help), anyway her tests showed that they caught it early, so no chemo for mum, she just had two op's & radio, & is now doing fine 2yrs on.

A friend of mine had to go for checks on a lump, turned out to be fine, so it's not always the big C.

Even though you're scared please make sure you go for your tests, as it's always better to catch things early.

Good luck. Sending positive vibes your way. Fingers & paws crossed for you.

7. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

Big (((Hugs))) and fingers crossed all will be ok - no point in telling you not to panic, cos I know what I'd be like, but please try and stay as calm as possible.

Positive (((Vibes)))coming your way

8. tianthai

tianthai Completely Boxer Crazy

Stay calm. You should do everything the doctor told you. My very best friend had the same problem a couple of years ago and it turned out that it was just a cyst so she had the operation and that was it. Only she could not lift her arms so I went to cook for her the whole two weeks!
    About thyroid, there is nothing to worry about at all. I had thyroid cancer in 2001. I had the operation, the radiation and I am fine. Only I have no tryroid left so I have to take medicine daily for the rest of my life.
    Dont' worry, OK? Everything is going to be alright. Let us know the result, OK?

9. Indy's mom

Indy's mom Boxer Insane

Telling you not to be too worried is a bit like telling you not to think of a bit pink elephant, isn't it? Just know that we are all here for you. Sending good thoughts, hugs and prayers your way.

Please keep us updated.

10. Beau's Mommy

Beau's Mommy Boxer Insane

Wow! I know this is scary for you. I know many women who get cysts in their breasts - some who've had to have them removed, and some who get them when it's close to their monthly cycle, then go away. Sending vibes your way. Try to stay positive and let us know how it goes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.