joining those who are pegnant!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jess

Boxer Booster
I just found out my husband and I are going to be parents to a human baby! Need advice on names and everything else. This will be our first non-fur baby. I can't wait! I just want to run out and start buying all sorts of neat baby stuff. Does anyone know of any good books or web sites about prenancy? I already told Mark we need to start looking for a pony for the baby!

------------------
Mom to,
Biscuit- brindle docked, not cropped
Digger, Gunner,Spike,Carol-beagles
Odie- golden retriever/irishsetter cross
Calvin- springer/boxer cross
Cherokee,Apache,Boca,
& Tiggy -horses

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
HIP HIP HURRAY!!! Congratulations Jess! This is so exciting, so many pregnant little tummies! When is your due date?

Okay, my bood recomendations are: Baby Bargains by some couple I think the last name might be fieldman, Consumer Reports guide to baby products, What to expect when your expecting, and Beyond Jennifer and Jason (baby name book) although I think the more recent title is different.

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
Congratulations, Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited to hear about your news. My advice on books, don't read too many of them - they'll make you a paranoid mess. Certainly stay away from "What to EAT when your expecting" I got this book and figured it would be a good guide on what to eat (health-wise). Wrong. They made me so paranoid about what I couldn't eat that I was a mess. There is nothing on this earth, according to this book, that you could eat, that would result in a healthy baby! My doctor told me not to believe everything I read. So I read articles here and there and take in what I can. Buy the books that Robyn recommended above.

As far as websites - I go on Babycenter.com all the time. Although, I don't recommend their message boards - confusing and messy, nothing like these boards!

Congrats again to you and your husband. May you have a happy and healthy baby!

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

sandy oakey

Completely Boxer Crazy
Congratulations Jess :) I'm starting to worry that this board may be contagious. I certainly don't need any menopause babies!!!When are you due?

Kazz's Boxers

Super Boxer
CONGRATS, I AM HAPPY FOR YOU! :D

A GOOD PLACE TO CHECK FOR BOOKS AND STUFF WOULD BE IVILLAGE, WHICH I PART OF MSN. THEY ALWAYS HAVE GOOD ADVICE AND STUFF.

MY HUBBY AND I ARE GOING TO START TRYING IN A YEAR TO HAVE A SKIN KID. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE BANDIT, AND THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME UNTILL I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL.

MELANIE

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS, AND KEEP US UDATED ON EVERYTHING. :)

------------------
Melanie
Bandit's Mom
Male, Fawn, Black Mask, White toes & white spot on Chest, Neutered, Floppy ears, Docked Tail, born 11/01/99
www.KazzsWhiseyBandit.homestead.com/homepage.html

jess

Boxer Booster
I am due on July 3rd. Sorry about the mis-spelling of pregnant on the topic line. I was at my parents this morning when i wrote the post and with their web tv system you have to hit the keys just right of they won't type the letter. thanks for all the great advice and congrats.

------------------
Mom to,
Biscuit- brindle docked, not cropped
Digger, Gunner,Spike,Carol-beagles
Odie- golden retriever/irishsetter cross
Calvin- springer/boxer cross
Cherokee,Apache,Boca,
& Tiggy -horses

Ona

Boxer Booster
CONGRATS!!

If this is contagius...I am keeping my legs crossed!! LOL

I have no list of books or great advice, I am just happy for you!!

ALL OF THE NEW MOMMIES TO BE!!
PS Ona is a nice name..pronounced on-na

------------------
Ona
Derek-rainbow bridge at 14 and 1/2
Tyler-rainbow bridge at 10 months
Currently dogless

M

Margaret

Congratulations Jess! This is really exciting. :D
I have to gently disagree with trusting your instincts although I am a big believer in doing just that. I also think that knowledge is power. I think it's crucial to provide your baby the healthiest environment possible now to avoid possible issues later, and we can't always do that if we don't have the information.
Just a thought. :)

sammie's mom

Boxer Booster
I'm so happy for all you "soon to be mommies". It's such a beautiful time of your life. I have no advice other than listen to your dr., get lots of sleep, eat anything you can keep down!!, talk to your baby & enjoy this special time.

And I don't have to worry about gettin preg. again----I've been spayed!! (hehe).....not that it wasn't great, but at this time of my life I'm enjoying being a "Mimi" (grandmother). Treasure every day--they grow up so quickly.

------------------
Annie--proud mom to
samantha (11/19/91) &
marty (1950-1962) waiting
for me at the bridge

JoAnn

Super Boxer
ALL RIGHT FOR YOU, CONGRADULATIONS!! But Boo Hoo for me, I want another baby so bad, I keep hoping for a miracle. My hubby is neutered (as he calls it). Just don't carry those babies very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.