Joining the ranks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxr_lvr

Boxer Booster
Well, I have finally gone over the edge, joined the ranks, given in to the truth....that I am a boxerholic. Yes, folks, it's true. I have had to admit it to myself. Everyone say, "Welcome Lori".

Last evening my husband and I were driving home from work and were just about to turn in to our subdivision. I saw a couple walking two dogs, one black and one white. I told my husband that I thought that was a white boxer. He said no, it was a yellow lab. So, I dropped him at our front door and went back to see. Yes, I have become one of "those people" who turn their vehicle around just to see a boxer (the rest of you know who you are!!!). I drove down the road and IT WAS, IT WAS, IT WAS A WHITE BOXER!!! I drew up along side and asked if it was a white boxer and they said yes. I asked if I could see him. They said yes! So I parked my still running, headlights on, truck at the side of the road. I got out and opened both arms and met my first white boxer. He is gorgeous! His name is Winston (one of my own name choices had I chosen a male) and he will be one year old on Thursday. He had only two brindle spots, one just at the point where his tail meets his back and a man-size thumb print right above his right eye. It looked like someone had "kissed" him. He was, of course, friendly, exuberant, and kissey. Very nice people too. Anyway, they live in the next subdivision. Hopefully, Emma and I will see them again. And if I just "happen" to walk up and down their street quite often, then what can I do? This was for all those others who are also completely, totally, absolutely in love with boxers. Have a great day all!!!

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
I think we all know exactly what you mean by 'boxerholic'.

If you see them again, don't forget to point them in the direction of boxerworld!

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
LOL!!! :D :D :D

Welcome, Lori!

Just recently, I skidded to a halt when driving through a neighboring subdivision to see a boxer jogging with her Mom. And now, we've already had one play date with Zoe and many more planned in the future! Fun, Fun! :D

ROB

Super Boxer
"Hello Lori"

I think I posted the same topic last Dec. because there was a parade going down our street and about a block away we say our new neighbors and there white girl Sophie. We all ran down the block like idiots yelling "Look at the baby". They where real nice about it and Sophie was a sweet heart, and we are waiting for the weather to break so we can introduce Pucker & Max to them

Linda

Boxer Insane
ROFLMAO!!!

Welcome Lori!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I MUST have my husband read this thread! He swears *I* am the only one who does such things. :D He says I'm pathetic.

My kids even do it now! "Hey mom, I saw a boxer today."

While walking Bailey recently, I met a very nice lady at the park with a white boxer. We chatted for some time and I continued on my walk. SHE got in her van and followed me to give me her name and number! I was so happy to see I'm not the only "boxer stalker." :D

uno

Boxer Pal
Welcome Lori,
I know exactly what you mean. I too have stopped my truck and turned around to say hello to a Boxer and their owner that I hadn't already met.

JazznChase

Boxer Insane
NOT ALONE!

I am so glad we all share this "GREAT QUALITY".
I recently did the same thing. I was driving with my husband and Jazz. I see 2 guys walking some dogs, I said I think those are boxers, he said no they weren't. They were, one fawn, a brindle, and a reverse brindle. I stopped Jazz had her head out the window, and I talked to them for a while and Jazz got out to say HI! They were great, and you can tell how much they loved the breed too. Then they go to tell me You can't have just one! I just laughed and said I know I am already working on it! :D

Oh yes, Im guilty too. I have several time pulled over to see a boxer. How could you not. Each one is a potential play mate for my boys. Plus each is so unique in personality.

Bxrlvr in KC

Boxer Booster
I have done the illegal U-turn thing many times for Boxers!!

Just the other day, hubby and I were walking on the Plaza (outdoor shopping area in KC) when I saw a brindle boy across the street. We were in a hurry to get some place and didn't have the time to stop, so I found myself begging hubby to go see him. He hesitated too long, so I headed across the street without him!! (He wasn't far behind....he's the one who introduced me to Boxers!) I was getting Boxer hugs and kisses in no time! lovicon

Paula

Boxer Booster
So I'm not the only one. I enjoy seeing/meeting other Boxers and Boxer lovers. They are all special.

Status
Not open for further replies.