1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jacket in the winter?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by snowicki, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowicki

snowicki Boxer Booster

We have recently started taking the boys to the dog park to hopefully work a few unneeded pounds off :rolleyes: . I'm just curious whether those of you that frequent the dog park during winter put jackets/sweaters on the kids or not. And if you do what kind/material do you have or prefer? I would like to get both of my boys a jacket but just not sure what would work best for playing with others or if it is even necessary. Any websites to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as well :D .

2. Keeroff

Keeroff Completely Boxer Crazy

3. KonaKoffe

KonaKoffe Boxer Pal

I don't use a jacket when they are playing only if we sit outside by the fire. Generally, we don't go for walks in the winter.

4. Hobart Ave.

Hobart Ave. Boxer Insane

I was debating this same thing since it's Hobart's first winter. I've decided to only use his jacket for walks. I figure it'll just get dirty and ruined at the dog park and he'll be running like a crazy man so he should stay warm. :)

5. Bernice

Bernice Completely Boxer Crazy

I take Hennessy for lots of walks even in winter and have never had any luck with the jackets.
    I bought one and it just seems to make him feel uncomfortable, he kept turning and trying to bite it!
    I do however see alot of doggies wearing them and think they look great and must offer some protection in cold times but just not for my Hennessy Boy!

6. dmartin

dmartin Boxer Booster

Cheetah's first winter... we bought her a coat...and she went CRAZY when we put it on her (yes, it was soft)...she acted like a bucking bronc....and looked at us like "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?"... Needless to say, neither she nor Guinness have worn a coat since. If its real cold..they just run outside and potty and hurry back in. If its 40 and above and no wind...we'll do the walks.. (momma is cold natured).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.