I've got to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
When we purchased our computer, last December, we got a year of AOL free. Our year expires in the next few days and the hubby says we are not renewing :( . So, I may not be on for awhile, I'll be so sad and will miss you all, but hopefully, we are going to sign up with another company shortly.

I'd love to have your suggestions for low cost internet hookups if you have them. My address will be on Olly's list, I can't wait to get everyone's address also!

------------------
Robyn
Cooper, 5-11-99
Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked,rescue
Mugzy, fawn, neutered male waiting at the bridge
Come see our beautiful boxers at www.boxerrescue.com

B

Badassboxer

WAIT! Don't leave, before you stop using AOL, download Lycos or Netzero (they are a completely FREE internet service provider).

If you have any questions, just ask.

I use them both. I like Netzero better, but tend to use Lycos more often lately, as they seem a bit faster. I also have a few other free services, but don't use them, because I'm satisfied with Lycos & Netzero.

Go online and type in Netzero as the search word and just download the program, it takes about five minutes. I believe Lycos is a bit faster. I have to go home and see what the search word is for Lycos.

The ONLY complaint I have is that you have that adverstisement bar across the page, but you get used to that. On the Lycos, you have to click on it at least once while you're online. I usually do it once when I start up, then close whatever opened. Lycos didn't ask too may questions. Netzero wanted to know alot of information (name, address, male or female, ect. but I usually answer those questions very evasively).

Anyway, try it out, it can't hurt, it will even save you $! This way, you don't have to leave us! Stay! ;)

Asyzia

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
Asyzia...I LOVE YOU!!! I had no idea there was such a thing. I'm really going to have some dumb questions: Okay, now, when I sign on, our computer just has an internet button, I push it, the password is already stored and a moment later, I'm on. Will that be the same? Is there a Netzero and Lycos home page with the news and stuff that comes on first? Gosh, I'm so excited. Okay, and is that who you get your email through or do you use someone like hotmail? Do you get to have a favorites button where you store all of you fav sites?

Yeah ASY!!!! You made my day!!!! I've been so upset by this...stupid I know, but I really love you guys!

B

Badassboxer

(blushing) Aw Shucks! :D

Okay, here we go -
http://www.netzero.com

that is the link (address) - go to that page and find the download now button or instructions on how to download it. Then it will configure your system for you.

You will have an icon on your startup screen that you will need to click to start netzero. It may take a bit of fiddling with, but it basically does everything by itself. You will have your own email (do you have MSOutlook - it will configure that, so you get a new email address. mine is badassboxer@netzero.net

Just follow the instructions, you'll be fine. I've had mine for at least three years and I've had no major complaints except sometimes they are a little slow, but it's free, I'm not complaining. I've never had a problem with the lines being busy.

If you have any other questions just ask. When I go home later, I will find out the search word for Lycos.

There are others too, try typing in "Free ISP" and you get a few, but Netzero is the largest and they've been around the longest, I've seen many others come and go.

asy

[This message has been edited by Badassboxer (edited 12-04-2000).]

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Okay Robyn it's like this, follow Asyzia's advice please. I couldn't imagine not having you on the board, or the ability to e-mail you.

Your Pal
Jean

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
Robyn - you can't leave us! Use Netzero - it's free and you won't have to miss a single post from Boxerworld!

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

Status
Not open for further replies.