It is sooooo hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
Well, the only place that I know of near me to get Nutro is a pet store. It is the store that I got Pugslee from. I feel that as far as pet stores go it is a better one. But I don't want to risk that it might not be and add to the problems with them. Anyway, there is a BEAUTIFUL female fawn boxer there. She has been there for a couple of weeks. It is so hard not to take her home. She sits with her back to the glass and is usually sleeping. (I have gone to visit her) My hubby knows how much I want her and offered to get her for me, but I explained the mill and byb thing to him and that I couldn't do it. It is SOOOO hard though!!! What can I do? Just leave that poor baby there forever! How long will they keep her without being able to sell her? This is really breaking my heart! It is definitely time to find another store that doesn't sell the animals only the supplies!

Connie

khousman

Boxer Insane
My daughter loves to go look at the dogs and cats at pet stores, so we find ourselves there quite often. There have been a few occasions where we have seen boxers and it is really hard for us also. It also drives me crazy listening to the uneducated people that are looking at the dogs. We have found a pet store that sells a lot of the higher priced breeds(bulldogs, mastiffs, etc.). It has been especially hard going in there. The last time we went in, there were 2 fawn boxers playing in a cage that was too small. It's extremely sad, but you're doing the right thing by not buying from them.

Kristi

nicmicwil

Boxer Booster
I undersrtand that buying puppies from a puppy store and byb is a bad thing. But I think I would have bought the little boxer puppy in that pet store. I would feel like I am rescuing her from a terrible place. But then again, I guess I would be contributing to the pet store and they would only get more puppies.

It is a catch 22, but the poor girl!! She shouldn't have to be sad and lonely in that store!

I agree, it is a catch 22. You want to save the poor baby, but at the same time you're only contributing to the problem. It 's a tough call. If you are really have you're heart set on her though, I don't know, I think I would get her. I feel like you are saving her. Someone is going to buy her and if not god knows what will happen to her.. My parents got their dog at a pet store. This was also 16 years ago. She is still alive and healthy so you just never know.
Let us know what you decide:)

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
Thank you all for the wonderful responses! Was hoping for more strenth towards the not to part, but maybe I am not so bad for wanting to get her after all. I will let you all know what I decide. Need dog food anyway:eek: !!!!

Connie

Faughtey

Banned
Do you have a Petco or Petsmart you can get your dog food from? They only sell "pound puppies" I think. (Rescue dogs). As hard as it may be, please don't buy from a pet store. If they have a hard time selling a breed, they may stop offering it. You are actually making the whole situation worse if you go ahead and get it.

Scorpio

Boxer Insane
I agree with the byb and petstore animals too, not a good thing but I probably would break down and buy her. What would you do if you buy her and the next week there is another boxer there? I don't go in pet shops and look at the animals anymore its too hard.

khousman

Boxer Insane
I think that if you really want to help a boxer, you should look at local shelters or rescues. We've been checking petfinder everyday for the past month and finally found a good match. There are so many dogs out there that need homes and unfortunately, we cannot help them all. But I too agree that buying from the pet store will just make them get more boxers in.

Kristi

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
I agree that you shouldn't buy her.:( Sounds mean but like the others have said the longer it takes to sell her the better off the breed as a whole will be. They'll see that Boxers are not in and out quick enough and avoid them.

I would check into getting the food somewhere else as well. Just buying supplies from this pet store is supporting them.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.