1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this average weight for a 2yr old male

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Traci, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci

Traci Boxer Booster

Hi
    Kaiser weighs 33.5kilo (73.5lbs) is this a good weight for my boy???
    Lazy boy in bed at mo so i carnt get his height x

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

33.5kg is a reasonable weight - perhaps just slightly on the heavy side, but whether or not it is a good weight for the dog depends very much on his height.

Even if you can't get a measurement, you can observe visually. A boxer of correct weight should have the last 2-3 sets of ribs visible (not poking out, but the outline clearly visible when he's just standing normally), with a defined waist/tummy tuck up. Think greyhound (muscles on skeleton), only not so extreme ;) If his physique is closer to labrador than greyhound, its a clear sign that the dog is overweight.

3. Traci

Traci Boxer Booster

Thanks for that Kaiser s more Grayhound what do you think????

[​IMG]

This pic was taken 3 weks ago xx

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

I think he looks an excellent and very healthy weight :) Well done - it's great to see a young pet dog in good order, and not already running to fat.

As he matures, he may well 'thicken up' a little bit. But just keep an eye on that waist, and don't let it disappear! LOL - just like with humans, it's easier to remain slim and fit than it is to try to shift the lard once it settles ;)

5. SweetCody

SweetCody Boxer Insane

:LOL: Never heard it put quite this way before, but that is right on the money. Made me chuckle.

What a good looking pup you have there. My Cody is 2 years and a few months and weighs in at 70-73 lbs. He too is very lean and muscular with the last 3 ribs showing. He stands about 26-27 inches at the shoulder. Although your legs do tend to go a little numb, he is the perfect size lapdog ;) at least in his mind he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.